Change pricing

Hi, can I understand the a system price change logic? For example if I have 10 subscribers currently, another 5 on trial, the package now is 7 days trial at 100$. If I make a change to 200 with no trial, what happens to those who are on trial and those who are already subscribers

The general logic is as follows:

1) When you change your price, the new price is announced to all current subscribers, and a 7-day “cooling-off” period is imposed. During this period, the old price still applies to everyone, even new subscribers.

2) At the end of the seven-day period, new subscribers to the system will receive the new price.

3) All “old” subscribers (anyone subscribed before the end of the 7-day period) finish their entire subscription term and then the new price applies when they renew.

The seven-day period only applies to price increases, not decreases, incidentally.

Now, given all this, you can see that price changes are a bit unsettling to users, and they tend to drive unsubscriptions. For this reason, I strongly discourage system vendors from changing prices too often.

Finally, remember that C2’s Subscription Management screen gives you the ability to set custom pricing for individual users, or groups of users.

Matthew