Competition News

I want to remind everyone that the “Stock Contest” has started, but that anyone can still enter. The prize pool is $250 dollars. That’s right: whoever wins the contest, by making the most profit picking stocks, walks away with $250 dollars of my money.

I was asked if you can sell stocks short in this contest. The answer is indeed yes. So please enter, and invite some friends. The Trading Competition feature was requested by quite a few users, and now that I’ve built it, response has been, well, underwhelming.

Another fun fact about Trading Competitions. The one I organized allows you to trade only stocks. But did you know that you can start your very own competition – alowing trading in futures, options, forex, or anything else. In fact, anyone can start their own competition at any time. Not only that, but if you organize a contest, you can keep a percentage of the entry fees collected (the idea is to inspire people to run exciting contests).

The Trading Competition feature is very much a work in progress, so please let me know if you have questions, feedback, bug reports, etc.

I look forward to whipping everyone’s as in the upcoming competitions. To Join, follow the link on the left side menu bar that says “Competitions.”

-Matthew