Current available api test system?

Hello all,

Recently I started looking into development of api calls to transmit orders etc. From older forum posts, I’ve found that there is a strategy available for testing purposes. Collective2 Profile: BrilliantProgramme

Login credentials were given on the forum by @MatthewKlein so anyone could test their api calls against this account and a particular strategy in this account.

Is this still the preferred way to start developing and debugging the api calls? I’m getting errors using examples from the api doc though.

On a side note, that api doc has been unavailable for some time now C2 API – Collective2 @MatthewKlein maybe you can bring that page back up? Thanks!

@MatthewKlein The strategy you once created (12570749) for api developers to use does no longer accept orders for testing purposes. Has something changed? Should I use a different strategy to test the correctness of my api calls? Thanks for your help.

Hi Raoul -

When you first mentioned the notion that, a while ago, I had set up a single strategy that any software developer could use to post signals and test API functionality, I really had no idea what you could be talking about. I did that? No way.

Here’s the alarming thing. I searched the forums (typing in the strategy id you mentioned: “12570749”) - and sure enough, you are right. Way back in 2007 - almost 17 years ago, god help me - I did exactly this, and publicly touted it, here on these forums. I’m not sure which is more alarming: that I’ve been doing this “temporary” C2 thing for so long, or that I completely forgot about something I had written about.

In any case, the nature of the API (and particularly the way we authenticate users) has changed quite radically since that original post, and so it’s not really a simple matter to provide one set of credentials to the entire world to share to control one single strategy.

For this reason, what I suggest is that you use one of your own strategies for testing purposes, and reset it or kill it when done with testing. (Or just leave it intact as a secondary strategy for ongoing testing purposes.)

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer than this right now.

• Matthew

P.S. Thank you for pointing out the broken API docs link. It is fixed now.

:laughing: Well, it’s just a good habit of mine to search the forums for answers first, but indeed, 2007 is an eternity ago in internet years. So I already had my doubts if the data from that post was still valid.

But just wondering, will killing a strategy or resetting it, not harm the trustworthiness of a strategy? It’s not obvious that it was done because of api testing (instead of bad performance, which is most often the case). Killing or resetting a strategy may look suspicious to potential investors.