"Daily Batch Discussion"

He is sending stops and take profit levels with entries, so you know your risk before opening the position. Very easy to trade even manually.

in two days of (fortunately) demo-subscription there have been 2 tremendous losses…Where are all the stops gone, long time passing?

There is nothing wrong with the system. There is a problem with C2. For example, system sent a Sell signal for Soybeans at 1352 1/2 with stop at 1392 1/4 but just after sending signal C2 opened the position at 1045 1/4. Soybean price never hit 1045 1/4, today’s low is 1383 1/4.

C2 has been opening positions at strange prices where real prices never got close by. It’s been like that for a week. Therefore, until C2 corrects this technical problem, system is not tradable by autotrading.

yes, have checked the prices too. The C2 will correct the record for sure, won´t they?

Despite this technical issue do you (or the vendor) think, contracts traded at times with very low volume would be trade-able?

The SOYBEANS-trade at 21:05h was traded at a volume of about 20-40 contracts in a whole minute…this is not trade-able for even a small number of subscribers.

Just to be clear about what’s going on at Daily Batch -

The really weird prices you see on the results of course are not real. What is happening is that we brought a new broker online, and they are reporting their fill prices in unexpected price formats (for example, we are expecting a fill of 95.25 but they report 9.525, etc.)

Since C2 posts the average real-life fill of real traders using real trading accounts, our “average” price that we post has gotten out of whack. We’re correcting the format problem and correcting the displayed data.

Of course we’re also fixing our price-conversion routines so that these symbols can be converted automatically into proper C2 format and these problems won’t occur on these symbols again.

In the for-what-its-worth department, we spent a lot of time testing and validating these price formats before we brought the broker online, but apparently the price formats used by the broker are different in their test/sim accounts than in their live accounts.

I really apologize for this, to C2 users, and to the manager of the system Daily Batch. The good news is that these crazy, impossible fill prices are not real – and the record will be corrected shortly. Sorry about this.

Matthew

The " new broker" Matthew is refering to is Gen3 IB.

I feel compelled to respond because number one I probably pushed more than anybody else for Gen3 IB and number two I endorsed the system Daily Batch.

I stuck my neck out and was the first one to use Gen3 IB for Daily Batch last week which caused the erroneous trades and I paid the price. While it is always painful to lose money this way, the good news is that after each misshape Francis fixed the problem and from hereon the affected contracts should trade correctly.

I did not want to cause any more problems and presently I trade the system manually but I see that other subscribers are now using Gen3 IB which caused a glitch today with the Corn trade - I would assume that Francis has fixed it in the meantime.

Presently I trade the following contracts at Gen3 IB and so far they have been working fine: DAX, AUD, EUR, ES and ZW (that is why I am surprised ZC did not work).

Anyway, it would be helpful if other Gen3 IB "pioneers" post their experiences on the forum.