Event Hunter feedback

You didn’t have to join a strategy that is only 3 months old.

Plus, I’ve looked through EventHunter’s trades and he reverses a lot. Sure I’m not trading it but from all I can see, not a lot has changed.

You’re right I didn’t have to join it and I did because many were excited
about it. It’s only normal to feed back. But your point is valid and I take
it.

My main point is that this lack of communication is unacceptable. I can
deal with drawdowns with anything but not with that. Sorry.

I am not quite sure you are here for communication or for making money:

Event Hunter just made a new high tonight. Performance is the best communication. Money talk, guys.

2 Likes

Isn’t it obvious that both are key ?

You have to know that many great trader are horrible communicator. Traders are under the stress especially during the drawdown period. Then hundreds subscribers are questioning him. You have to do the statistical analysis and don’t take the developer’s words for granted. The numbers will tell you the true story, not the communication.

1 Like

True. The mistake is then to have subscribed early…

Interesting discussion. I recently subscribed to Event Hunter (a few weeks ago). I generally look to the actual CSV report of trades to consider their maximum adverse excursion, and from what I’ve seen the recent trades have been pretty typical. Two trades were at a MAE of $1600, and both were closed for a $1200 loss. This tells me the developer is still watching the markets and getting out when the going gets tough. A true Martingale system has MAE much greater than the losses, because the trader adds into losing positions without regard to risk, and waits for a bounce. Event Hunter still seems willing to get out of losing trades for a loss, which gives me comfort. As for the recent 4 contract copper trade, that definitely was a bit higher risk, and I would have been watching closely for a stop. What concerns me is not the increasing contracts but the MAE of approx $2300. However, its still well below the worst MAE of around $5000 back from last year, so from what I see the developer’s risk is still well within historical norms. Copper Pea Capital has MAE of between $13k and $20k; since Event Hunter is at half the allocation of its sister fund, I wouldn’t be surprised to see future trades with a $5k+ loss on a single trade.

At the end of the day, lack of communication is a challenge, but I’m mostly interested in trading habits, and I haven’t seen anything to give me concern. The multiple quick reversals just doesn’t matter to me when the losses are small. That said, the increasing MAE in recent trades gives me cause for concern, and I will watch this system closely. I appreciate those of you who noticed and mentioned this pattern.

Keep in mind, EventHunter is based on a $100k account, and only has an 8.6% drawdown. In my opinion, you shouldn’t consider investing it it unless you’re prepared to stomach a going-forward drawdown of 20-25% minimum on $100k account (so, $20-30k) before cutting the system. It’s a high risk system, and has done very well for it.

I have no connection to the developer… just food for thought from a cautiously optimistic subscriber.

5 Likes

well event hunter is based on his other system copperpea which has a longer track record. Event hunter trades at 50% of copperpea. Copper has been volatile because of mine strikes. Anyways account bounced back, everyone should be trading mutliple systems. 1 drawdown in a single system should not wipe you out. So far this month Roptions has been a good winner. good luck everyone.

1 Like

Interesting that you mention Roption as a good winner of this month. To be honest when I started here I thought my system would never come close to his because he has an impressive track record and I´m trading rather conservative. But in fact I have beaten Roption´s performance every month (including this one till now) since inception of my system in last October! I guess I should get myself a glass of champaign. :slight_smile:
Roption: https://collective2.com/details/102125034
My System (100% TOS): https://collective2.com/details/106654155

Btw I agree with TDMTrader that everyone should be prepared for a drawdown of at least 20-25% for anyone system in the long run (probably even more for really big events and market meltdowns/extreme volatility). But as long as the trades and the risk+moneymanagement stay consistent and the strategy´s logic is robust there is no harm in that because it´s just a temporary drawback.

PS: I come to like this community. Mostly very good people here, very helpful and well mannered. Keep it up guys!

Hi Alexander, what is your general strategy for selling options? Are you checking to see if the IV is greater than it should be? Also are you trading earnings? You also have some stock trades; how does that fit into overall strategy?

Hi Maxtor,

Yes IV movement is a big factor in choosing option trades, overall trend of the stock is another one, combined with intermarket analysis. I´m not trading earnings but actually in one of my recent trades I messed up a little bit (I´m only human too, right?) and went into bad earnings with an open short put. (YELP) So that´s pretty much the worst that can happen to a single position. However, as you can see in my trade record I´m managing my positions and don´t let them get out of hand.
My stock trades are deriving from my technical swing trading strategy. As stated in the strategy´s description I´m combining several strategies in one account. It´s noteable though that these swing trades can be done either with buying the stock, buying long options or selling short options. That highly depends on several factors like price, IV, important levels of support/resistance and indicators. But in no instance I trade without rules.
Currently I´m having other stock trades in XIV. I´m utilizing the strong contango in VIX Futures by going long XIV with very small position size and statistically calculated stop. In case of an event that leads to VIX explosion I´m prepared to trade the mean reversion. (also using XIV/SVXY)

I hope that helped and if you have any other questions, let me know.

1 Like

Anyone still following Event Hunter? Crazy drawdown it’s going through especially for what was supposed to be a low DD system. He did ok for some months but even then the trading style was very erratic.

All those I know personally have left him. He doesn’t have the right
mindset even if he has some trading skills. He made a good illusion for a
few months and we are all very disapponted. His lack of replies to messages
means in my mind he never had his place on C2.

1 Like

I was subscriber to Event Hunter. I did make nice money. On early signs of “being right trading” I did quit. Probably current losses are due to reopening crude long position. Sure, on the long run crude position will make money. The problem is that KZ is not fundamental long term or even macro trader as he tries to describe itself. I will describe him as a “noise” trader. And he went in denial mode lately.

Btw, I do not care of trader/developer is bad communicator. Past records speaks and later observation how trades are executed. Talking doesn’t make money.

1 Like

When they don’t communicate its acceptable so long as they are consistent
in trading style. It was logical that we would ask him what the CL trade
was about. Look at the result. Anyway no strategy owner should ignore their
clients messages he way this guy does. Clearly he is no king.

1 Like