Event Hunter feedback

Worried about the erratic trading taking place in my account from Event Hunter ( martingales, positions taken, doubled, double reversed, into a large drawdown and adding load to the account), I contacted the developer to ask him for his read of the market. After all it’s “Event Hunter”, and surely there must be a reason for the trades…

The reply was :

I asked more about his strategy, the decision mode. No reply.
Lovely. The account behaved even worse after that.

How could I get myself onto this thing that is 3 months old, having been burned in the past. :confounded:

Anyway, let’s share about this one and post your reviews about others, it’s important in my mind, for the perennity of this great platform that we get the best strategies right up there and let developers know what we are happy with.

Happy trading

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience. I feel your pain and I had the same experience as well as you. What in the world, the developer changed his position double reversed positions in different markets (5 open loss markets at the same time and the market has not open yet)
Only 1 winner and 9 losses. The damage is 10x value from 1 winner. That’s amazing. I am out less than 7 days. I am not hoping to BEP in this strategy.

2 Likes

Bad situation when its your own money , i have a question for both of you and other subscribers as well : would you subscribe to a system that has only 1% max drawdown and generates just 1% monthly income ?

I was interested in this system ( as I read some good feedback from some of you in the posts ) and sent two emails to the developer to get some details about the strategies. No reply yet. A basic question was - whats the difference between Event Hunter and Copper Pea Capital ( save developer for both the systems and both the systems trade same instruments - i can’t really tell the difference ).

After reading your post ( and THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this ), i am going to stay away for this system.

The different is only quantity. If the developer trade 1 lot for Emini at Event Hunter, he will trade 2 contracts at Cooper Pea Capital

1 Like

What might be an interesting suggestion for C2 could be a notional or unit-risk limit feature for people auto-trading strategies.

That way, even if a model developer starts adding more risk on then historically suggested by their past performance, your trade execution keeps the risk constant as it relates to the account size.

Really the model developer should already be doing this unless otherwise specified in model details, and if otherwise specified they should really explain the logic behind variable risk trades, but that doesn’t always happen, even at the institutional level! This is why (good) institutions have serious risk divisions who keep traders from excessively hurting themselves and therefore the firm.

If C2 could implement this it means if you expect a certain leverage ratio, you get a certain leverage ratio, regardless of what the model developer does. This can be done down to a per-trade basis even. Essentially you end up with a risk management framework at least to some rudimentary level, a “risk-stop” that caps your leverage and/or individual trade risk, such that you just can’t be hurt by someone levering up unexpectedly.

I think for subscribers, in the meantime, one shouldn’t just be chasing returns, but looking for the risk side of the equation. Futures and Forex will be the scariest (because of the potential change in leverage at the drop of a hat), followed by naked options, followed by plain old vanilla stocks. Generally there isn’t something for nothing, massive returns or very asymmetric payoffs should be more of an indicator of danger than of lust.

3 Likes

Yes, the trading from Event Hunter is completely crazy! The system claims to be based on world events / macro but it’s taking long positions in something, then closing at a loss and then immediately switching to short in the same thing and again losing and then switching back to long. It’s better to get out now, then take a much bigger loss in the future. The system is obviously not following world events or any proper strategy. It’s more like a guy at a roulette table. Don’t wait, switch off the autotrade!

5 Likes

I completely agree. Trading style has completely become erratic. Seems almost as though he is revenge trading–never works and ultimately blows up. I would agree–seems like a dangerous strategy at this point. Unfortunately, you don’t have to look too far to look back all the crash and burn futures systems that end horrifically. Beware. Especially, dangerous if you don’t get any sort of feedback or conversation-updates on what is or may occur. Critical that serious trading systems routinely update their subscriber base with updates. Gives you insight certainly to their knowledge and expertise. I would be very wary of trading systems that never provide any sort of update to the trading activities.

4 Likes

By the way what do you guys think of the Profectus System 1? The max drawdown is quite high, but the returns to drawdown ratio is also among the highest.

I use that’s system a few days ago. So far, I am happy. I had 3 trades and ended up with positive return. He has stop loss. When I used this system for free trail, it was also ended good return. I only use 40%, therefore if something bad happen, it will not damage to overall my total assets. He doesn’t use naked options n will not require a lot of margin. I can sleep well with this strategy. I am strongly not recommend event hunter.

profectus system 1 trades some very high risk penny stocks. I am very familiar with lots of the tickers they are trading. Many of those stocks can get crushed at any minute. Trade that system as your own risk.

Indeed. Its big win for January - the one that basically made the entire month’s return among all the small gains and losses - was a huge bet on DRYS, the penny stock that blew up 1200% in November and then imploded in on itself shortly thereafter.

Sounds good to me.

Actually not that huge allocation wise. The stock just doubled, that’s all.

1 Like

Out of couriosity, do you talk about this Event Hunter? https://collective2.com/system107490648
Because I can only see a 8.7% drawdown which is still below anything you should expect from a robust system in the long run. So I don´t quite get the excitement when I just look at the bare numbers. Or do you have worse results?
(Yes I do understand a little worry about erratic trading. But there could be a statistical logic behind it that we don´t get when just looking at the few recent trades.)

1 Like

Yes. The erratic trading started all of the sudden. In the space of 3 days.
Not the only one to have noticed it. Link that with the nonexistent
communication around it and the PM you saw and you get people exiting the
strategy in a drawdown, who would normally stay. I excited this one yet am
sticking for instance with Volatility Trader, who has a DD close to 40% but
is brilliant in so many other ways, including communication.

2 Likes

Sure, communication is very important. And I didn´t want to say that anyone should stick with it, just in case you got me wrong there. I was simply wondering if I got the right strategy you were talking about. :slight_smile: Everyone has their reason for entering or exiting a strategy and I won´t touch on that.

Now that´s for a laughter, I almost wanted to propose you looking into my strategy when you search for a long term working approach. But then I fortunately noticed, that you already subscribed yesterday. haha :smile:
( https://collective2.com/details/106654155 )

If you have any questions, don´t hesitate to ask.

This developer seems placed more trade than other strategy developer. Despite recent drawdown, the overall return is still very impressive.
I had a private conversation with him. He seem exhausted at that time and made the trading error under the stress during the drawdown. I suggested him to have some rest and push the restart button.
From statistical point of view, the strategy developer demonstrated excellent track record, and work much harder than other developers. He is a bit shy in terms of communication, and not very good at communicating through english. I still have faith in him and will stick with this strategy at this point.

copper had a nice bounce tonight. he is the comeback kid.

Everyone is crying because of an 8% drawdown?? Wow. Lost for words.

You haven’t seen it in your account JM…

I happily stay with Volatility trader through a 40% DD.

I can’t stay with this guy who refuses to communicate.

To see a strategy change and double reverse twice on a trade… without
being able to ask questions. When it’s less than 3 months old… its not
easy.