Fee charged during the trial period

According to my payment records, I was charged during the trial period. Using a coupon code provided by the system’s owner I subscribed to SoyBean Futures Day Trader. This system comes woth a 5 day trial period. I cancelled the subscription this morning but noticed that my credit card was charged the day I subscribed. Today was only the 3rd day of the trial. My friend Alice also joined at the same time and was also charged according to her payment records. I need to know how to receive a refund for us. She will also reply to this post.

Thanks,

Huck

The same thing happened to me. Please advise how to get a refund.

Thanks Alice.

Hello Huck and Alice, I have sent you both an email to clarify the charge. Please reply if you have questions. - Alen (help@collective2.com)

Alen,

We did not know that the trial period was only for first time subscribers. When we re-subscribed the message on the subscription page stated that we had the five day trial period and would not be charged until tomorrow. We do not believe that since it stated we would not be charged until tomorrow, we should of been charged. Not only are we out the subscription fee, we cancelled the subscription and no longer have that. You need to state on the subscription page what really happens. It should of informed us that we would be charged immediately versus having a five day trial period.

Thanks,

Alice

Alen,

This is the message that I get now if I try to subscribe to Soybean Futures Day Trader. How is one to know that this does not apply?

You can subscribe to Soybean Futures Day Trader and begin to receive trade signals immediately. There is a 5-day free trial period. This means you will receive trading advice and you will not be billed for days. You may cancel your subscription at any time before October 29, 2013 and you will not be charged.

Our Honesty Policy means there are no tricks and no games. We will send you an email several days before the end of your trial period to remind you that your trial is about to expire. That means you will have an opportunity to cancel your subscription before you are required to pay anything. We won’t let you “forget” or try to sneak one past you.

Once the trial period ends, we will bill you $150 dollars each month . (That is, we will charge you every 30 days - not when the month name on the calendar changes. So it’s okay to sign up towards the end of a calendar month. You’ll still get a full 30 days.) You may cancel your subscription at any time, but we do not issue refunds for unused subscription portions.

Thanks,

Huck

I see that you have unsubscribed. I have refunded both your charges. - Alen

Alen,

Thank you. In the future we now know not to make the same mistake. However, it would be nice to change your subscription screen to reflect the appropriate date and time of payment due.

Thanks,

Huck

Had you both previously subscribed to it? If so then you would not be eligible for the trial period - no need to trial it since you had previous experience with the system. If not, then you are right in requesting a refund. As a system developer I think C2 does a great job of handling these, and even if something odd does happen they are willing to make it right.

I have read the initial post and the replies and i wanted to add my thoughts (I am a system developer). I also want to preface my remarks to indicate that I am not implying that the original posters were attempting to game the system.

If someone does sign up for a free trial, cancels before the trial ends, and then re-subscribes to take advantage of another free trial and then cancels again, it has the appearance of taking advantage of the system signals without paying. Unless there is a system in place to monitor accounts and track the number of free trials, then the number of free trials subscribed to could be endless and no one would pay for a system if they could just get continously free trials. I am curious why the original posters felt a need to re-subscribe for another free trial to a system in which they had looked at and decided to un-subscribe from? In their defense, I guess we could assume that the performance of the system was not good previously and now is better?

If it is not already in place, C2 should have a notice when an account owner attempts to re-subscribe, after utilizing a previous free trial, indicating that a free trial was previously subscribed to and although a person can re-subscribe, there will be no free trial. Peace!

I am sorry that this happened. Alice and I were not trying to game the system. We had both subscribed to the system once before and cancelled. Alice was posted by the system designer who asked if she had noticed how well the system had been of late and offered a discount coupon. We both decided to try the system again and assumed the trial period was available because the subscription page indicated this was so. We both have paid over $1500 in subscription fees since the start of the year and were not trying to scam a system developer.

I truly believe in what the previous post said, “If it is not already in place, C2 should have a notice when an account owner attempts to re-subscribe, after utilizing a previous free trial, indicating that a free trial was previously subscribed to and although a person can re-subscribe, there will be no free trial”. This is what we indicated ourselves.

We now know the rules and want to thank C2 for their understanding and the refund. I hope that to prevent others from making a similar embarrassing mistake C2 will implement the above suggestion.

Huck

Hello Huck,
My name is Bens, I am branded new automated trading. I am exploring this system in order to trade E mini. I would welcome you taking a little of your time to share with me your opinion as to how well this system works. Thank you sincerely

Hello Bens,

I am not sure exactly what your question is. The system in this discussion is Soybean Futures Day Trader which I traded along with Huck.

Alice