Forum suggestion for Matthew

The alias appearing on the message was indeed "Matthew Klein (admin)" even though it was send by Jules. A criminal could create this fake alias as well and start asking for personal information.

Or he can destroy much by sending ridiculous instructions. And he might not be aware of it because, unlike forum posts, it is by private messages only. OTOH the imposter can only keep his account active if he provides a real e-mail address, so it should not be all too difficult to find out who he is once it becomes public. Would that not prevent people to do this?

I don’t know how much of a threat this is. Maybe I’m overly cautious since I replied to one of those extremely realistic PayPal fishing scams. I once got a message from Matthew (I guess…) in which he asked to update my public profile. I didn’t think for a second about the identity and am not sure how I would have responded if he’d asked me to confirm my login information.

Is an hotmail address enough to create an account? In that case it would be difficult to identify an imposter, isn’t it?

In any case it seems like a good idea if no one else is allowed to use an alias with “Matthew Klein” in it.

Let’s just all agree on one simple name (such as Joe), and change to it. Then we can start a new thread and talk to ourselves. I have to admit, this is more interesting than continuing my conversation with KooK.

Yes, let’s all call ourselves “Joe Dalton (Admin)” and ask newbies about their credit card :wink:

Seriously, I think that it is particularly the “Admin” part that should be protected against abuse, more than the “Matthew Klein” part. A newbie can probably also be fooled by any other name with “Admin”.