Gentle Reminder

Please keep posts in this (and other forums) free from personal attack, and please try to make your posts germane to the thread’s topic.

Thanks Mathew we have needed this for a long time. It would be nice to have fourms that are constructive.

Personal attacks seem to happen mostly because people are getting irritated repeatedly by the same poster(s). Perhaps an “ignore” option, as implemented on elitetrader, will be a pragmatic solution and benefit all.

For those not familiar with elitetrader’s “ignore” option: It means you can exclude all posts from a particular person from showing up in your browser (they still show up in browsers of people who didn’t put the person on ignore).

Amen to that. Even I’m guilty of going off-topic and getting aggressive simply because I find the current off-topic gibberish in the forums so irritating.

Well, some developments have entertainment value, at least for me. But I agree that it isn’t funny anymore if I am in a hurry and I have to wade through 10 posts with personal attacks before I see anything of substance.

An “ignore” option doesn’t work if someone uses another account. Indeed the human ignore option doesn’t work either in that case. That’s why the Brian Milloy fraud pissed me off. I wasted time with giving serious answers to him because I believed he could be a credible person, and then it turned out to be this joker again.

Why not? You would put both (all) aliases of him on “ignore”. It might take a while before you find out, but I’d consider that just a minor inconvenience.

He can do it again and again, and each time there will be a period wherein I waste my time because he wasn’t exposed yet. I consider that more than a minor inconvenience. Moreover, once I know it is him, I don’t need the ignore button anymore.

>That’s why the Brian Milloy fraud pissed me off.

In reality, this is not a fraud. The concept is called ‘aliasing.’ But of course, just like the subjectivists like Ross, you wouldn’t understand this either, because you remain loyal to concepts that clash with reality just as typical intrinsicists do…

>I wasted time with giving serious answers to him because I believed he could be a credible person, and then it turned out to be this joker again.

You are prejudiced. Not my problem…‘Aliasing’ doesn’t make a person not credible. You are the joker, but you didn’t like it when the joke’s on you, did you?..

>He can do it again and again, and each time there will be a period wherein I waste my time

Yep. I can. It is impractical. The immoral is the impractical just as the moral is the practical…

>Moreover, once I know it is him, I don’t need the ignore button anymore.

Once I know it is you and a few others, I don’t need the ignore button either…

"‘Aliasing’ doesn’t make a person not credible."

Do you want to put that up to a vote? It makes you look like a dunce, with no credibility. Think you will get more than one vote holding to your view (where your aliases are not allowed to stuff the ballot box)?

I vote that there should be a new rule that aliasing is not allowed, unless it is perfectly clear (e.g. the same name spelled differently) or publicly announced.

>Do you want to put that up to a vote?

So you believe in democracy, not a republic…

>It makes you look like a dunce, with no credibility.

Everyone knows who the dunce is you pathetic, miserable, parastiic, evading, criminal of a moron who is unable to create even a single successful system…

Spoken like a true pathetic, miserable, parastiic, evading, criminal of a moron who is unable to create even a single successful system…

"pathetic, miserable, parastiic, evading, criminal of a moron who is unable to create even a single successful system"

used twice. At least you know how to use the cut & paste feature. So easy, a caveman could do it…

Spoken like a true pathetic, miserable, parastiic, evading, criminal of a moron who is unable to create even a single successful system…

Clearly, this reminder had no effect whatsoever.