Futures + Stocks system

I found this old reply related to this topic - quoted below - . But as i understand currently many subscribers are trading futures or stocks through IB which will allow you to trade either futures or stocks in the same account - universal account - .

And re the autotrading fees , again if you auto trade through IB which is c2 preferred broker your monthly auto trading costs is $99 no matter how many systems you auto trade , what instruments you trade and how big are your trades .

So the only reason why big accounts wont trade a futures+stocks system is if they don’t wont to touch stocks at all , but i am pretty sure that there’s a good portion of C2 clients who follow futures systems and stocks systems in their account as part of portfolio trading , so i don’t see the problem why not to follow a system that trades both .

Thats important to me as i found myself to perform much better - as a developer - if i trade multi instruments as against if i stick to a single contract day in day out , which is not a feasible way to generate income on the long run .