Gen3 Question

Hello,

I would like to ask a question again that obviously has been asked before in the last two years.

When can we expect Gen3 for Interactive Brokers to be available ?

Is this item still beig pursued by the software developers of Collective2 ?

I am using this broker for some years extensively, use their APIs with self written programs in VBA and am generally very happy with their service and support, their very powerful reporting tools, their broad range of products supported and their very low commissions.

I think that quite a few of the (existing and potential) customers of Collective2 are in the same situation as me and urgently wait for Gen3 for IB.

I definitely would not like to switch to a second broker just for Auto Trading.

This always creates a considerable extra effort for a lot of relearning and a lot of time consuming administrative hassles of all kinds.

Best Regards

Christof Schramm

Yes, please, can we get an update on this from C2, thanks>>

I also am very frustrated by the constant promises and delays of implementing Gen3 for IB.

On thing you forgot to mantion about IB: For retail clients it is probably the safest broker as far as protection of your capital is concerned. After the collapse of MF Global where clients lost their money which was supposed to be held in segregated accounts I simply do not want to trade futures with any broker besides IB. They also sweep the excess margin in your futures account every day into the securities account where it is insured by the SIPC and their additional insurance.

C2 has grown substantially over the years and has made many improvements which are appreciated but I would gladly trade in all those improvements in return for Gen3 for IB.

Fully aggree to Karl A’s posting !!! I need Gen3 for IB, if your TOS programm should make any sense for me.

Concur…Gen 3 needed for IB to support Autotrade for TOS.

Dear C2 Users,

Gen3 for Interactive Brokers is very close to being released. As with all new features here on C2, we like to make sure that the appropriate testing has been conducted and the necessary development enhancements have been added to bring you the best experience. We appreciate your patience and know that you are very eager to see IB available on C2 (believe me…we are too!).

- Melissa

It would really help if we could get something more definitive than "soon". Unfortunately we heard end of Dec, then end of Jan, then end of Feb…

Hello,

it can’t get more frustrating than this. After I found Collective2 because of a system I really want to use for my trading, it took a long time to open my account at Interactive Brokers (cause I didn’t want to wait for my broker to become compatible with C2) and to fund it. Yesterday they finally credited the money into the account and when I went to set up auto trading, I stumbled into this problem with Gen1.

First, I’m a MAC user, so I’m gonna have to use a secondary Windows (argh) laptop I have. Then, after reading the forum discussions, it seems almost impossible to trust that the “C2-TradeBullet-TWS” will work without being watched by a human eye. And I guess the majority of us need auto trading for the lack of time to take care of a machine, right?

So, all for nothing. Please, can you get us a more specific deadline for when this Gen3 interface for IB will be ready? I totally understand then problems of doing so, I was also a programmer one day. [LINKSYSTEM_71021191]

From what I’ve understood from various comments I’ve seen on the forums I don’t think it’s a programming problem – I believe it’s a combination of a programming problem with a regulatory problem and possibly a broker problem. Think of a normal Gen3 interface, mix in a hesitant broker (IB – if C2’s Gen3 with IB goes badly then IB gets more bad press) and then throw in dueling regulators (SEC/NFA). These are the same regulators who routinely ignore Madoff/Stanford/MF Global ponzi schemes/scams handed to them on a silver platter but come after C2 instead.

I could be wrong it could just be a bug, but it could be other things.

Also while through TWS I’ve never had problems with IB (OK a few) many brokers have all sorts of issues. Openecry has .net based clients and a slick API, but they cannot handle orders submitted via their own client (through their OEC Trader or API) submitted when the market is closed. What broker rejects orders when the market is closed instead of just holding them?? And Optionsxpress has issues with VIX futures handling market orders? Come on.

OK rant over :slight_smile:

Regards,

Dave

I tried contacting IB through their Advisor program about the issue, and asked when they would connect to C2. The answer came back that they didn’t know who Collective2 was. I probably wasn’t talking to the right people. Perhaps C2 can give us a name/contact number at IB so we can put pressure on? Assuming the holdup is on the IB side. Maybe we can get C2 to respond whether it is technical, regulatory, IB, or C2 that is causing delays.

End of March? End of April?

Yes, I agree with the above 2 posts. When will Gen3 be available for IB?