Please Add Gen3 for IB and Other Brokers

Currently, the only broker that offers Gen3 stock auto-trading is OptionsExpress. Ugh. OE is a great broker for options, but their stock commissions are outrageous: $10 per 1k shares per trip. This is highway robbery. We need Gen3 for more brokers who offer reasonable rates for stocks. IB is a very popular broker (I have no affiliation besides being a satisfied customer): They provide good fills at low commissions. Yes, Gen1 is available, but when I go on vacation, I’m not risking leaving my computer on for three weeks hoping all goes well with clunky server-based auto-trading. Please add Gen3 capability for IB and other low-commission brokers.

While Interactive Brokers Gen3 is not imminent, I think I will be able to announce a new, inexpensive Gen3 broker soon (a broker which trades stocks, futures and forex – name withheld until it’s official).

Mathew- Thanks, that would be most appreciated. I’d be willing to use them if they are solid. And, I could go away on vacation with some peace of mind (frankly, vacations stress me out).

Sounds good! Speaking of costs I’d hope there would be a fixed monthly fee option too available for server based autotrading. Thanks.

Thank you very much; look forward to it.

hi, any update on this? it might be a good way to get non technical and cheap friends on to collective2

This topic deserves a ping.

Matt, what is the status of a second Gen3 broker for stocks, options, forex & futures?

And, is there a plan or timeline for a Gen3 IB?

Thank you,

–Mike

I’m afraid that I have no announcement quite yet. I should probably just learn to keep my mouth closed and not announce potential future broker partnerships before they are real… because brokers tend to move slower than we expect, and I only manage to disappoint people’s expectations.

Rest assured that this is a priority, and we are working behind the scenes on it, but – especially in our highly regulated industry – larger companies tend to move very slowly when it comes to new business opportunities.

"and not announce potential future broker partnerships before they are real"

A wise thought. There was an announcement of 1-2 years ago about StrategyRunner I believe? But never materialized.

Just announce them when they are completely finalized. Having things delayed or fall through does not shine positive light on C2… Maybe you could also beta test such things - finding someone or two willing to try out new relationships to ensure there isn’t unforeseen glitches.

Well, I think it’s good to know that Mathew is working on this.