Getting subscribers

Hello to all.

I am sure there is a forum posted that already addresses this question, but I have been unable to find it. Please excuse any redundancy.

This question goes out to those traders who have posted their systems and wouldn’t mind sharing some of the following information:

1.) On your posted systems, what is the ratio of the number of views as compared to the the viewers that actually subscribe? In other words, do you find on your system that for every say 100 viewers, you might get one subscriber for example?

2.) On your posted systems, what is the ratio of the number of analyst pages featuring your system as compared to the the viewers that actually subscribe? In other words, do you find on your system that for every say 100 analysts pages that feature your system, you might get one subscriber for example?

3.) Did you do something marketing-wise that was highly successful in generating more subscribers?

4.) Do you find that your posted systems require a specific amount of time before they are accepted as legitimate (reflected in subscriptions) and if so, what is the average period of time?

5.) For those posting multiple types of systems, do you find one type of trading (stocks, options, futures, currencies) to be highly desirable or undesirable by subscribers regardless of system performance?

6.) Has the posting of your system attracted the attention of institutions and/or interest of companies wishing to make your system the basis of a hedge fund?

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to take the time to answer some or all of these questions.

Sincerely,

Daryl

Daryl, I may not be the best to answer this since I have limited experience here at C2.

That being said, I believe it was revealed that - at the time - VN Forex Club had something like 10,000 views after about a 7 month track record that was quite impressive.

I think Si said he had ~200 subs. This being a currency-traded account may not attract the type of interest with say Powershares QQQ Trust or like in my case E-mini futures, but even these will be less attractive to the masses than say for stock-traded funds.

I’d say with your continued success over say six more months, you’d attract a nice chunk of C2 fees. The key of course being that your compounded average and specific risks remain consistent.

Look at “Slow and Steady”. Similar to VN Forex Club many have jumped on board, yet I’m not so certain many will hang on with the downdraft. You do the math and once your subs jump in I for one will like to know.

As far as Hedge Funds, you might look into “prop shops” to further lend credibility to your methods. As they say, if you build it the rest will follow;)

Gilbert

Check this out!! [LINKSYSTEM_26717594]

For all these, disregard any free trial subscribers, cause they skew the numbers quite drastically.

Per 1, probably less than a quarter % for a popular system

Per 2, Seems to be about 5%

Per 3, I think my analyst page is a claim to fame on this site. Whether people like it or not, it’s cheap advertising. But I have posted money for featured system once and tried banner ads on the site, but I don’t feel the ladder was worth it at all.

Per 4, absolutely. I think all serious subscribers are like hedge funds. They wait to see the real results for at a bare minimum of 6 months, and during that six months, comparing you to the market and seeing what you do after a drawdown as well as how serious the DD was.

Per 5, People like index systems so they can use whatever instrument they want, be it futures, options, or synthetic ETF’s or funds. Stocks are preferable because they have options, sometimes futures available to increase the leverage factor.

Per 6, you’d only have a shot if you were in the business already with good connections. I do have an audience with those folk, but it is a very slim chance that they would do anything in the first place.

It is basically like the warnings all over C2, these are hypothetical. They would only consider statements credible from real brokerage accounts.

Thanks to Beau and Gilbert for taking the time to share their experience with subscribers here on C2.

While I always suspected a large number of views were required to generate a paying subscriber, I had no idea it was in the 400-500 views per subscriber range. Or that roughly only 5% of analyst pages featuring a system subscribed to it. Posting on C2 truly is a numbers game.

Beau, in your posting you wrote “Per 6, you’d only have a shot if you were in the business already with good connections. I do have an audience with those folk, but it is a very slim chance that they would do anything in the first place.” I was just curious why the people who have the means to enable a hedge fund are so reluctant to utilize systems on C2? What are they looking for?

Hopefully more people will post to this forum so that system developers can get a better sense of what they need to do to make their system a success.

Sincerely,

Daryl