Going to let the story books write this one. Best of luck

at least he communicates. :slight_smile: but i`m not satisfied by his message, where he just to blame c2, that USD/JPY was not closed. i will watch very carefully his next trades. funny thing is, he trades somehow totally against what i see as trend.

Change of strategy…developer panicking…hold on to your shirts tightly.

1 Like

Attitude changes daily. First it was “hold on to the positions to make all the losses when the market turns”, then “tighten stops”, then “I will chip away until losses are recovered”, then “my trade wasn’t closed by C2… but hold on to it anyway, good support”, then
"in the future, I will not keep so many open trades. sorry for the drawdown", then “180 degrees turn. moving to a higher risk strategy, with double the max size” and at the same time opens another system for “diversification” (one without a drawdown, as it’s new).

1 Like

You would think the trader would be more careful in a drawdown period, not switch to a higher risk strategy!

1 Like

Big loss this month, basically lost all profit since subscribed, maybe market is volatility especially in this month but no stop loss is a bad habit, I just stop auto-trade of ConservProfit, will keep eyes on it for another month to decide if continue to subscribe.

His thought process:

If high risk play fails, subs leave.
If he doesn’t implement high risk play, subs leave.
If high risk play succeeds, subs stay.

High risk play is the only option.

2 Likes

It is only 20% drawdown with 180% return. With such win rate, such trading approach and such returns, I would expect 50%-60% dd sooner or later. Really don’t understand what is this all about.

2 Likes

Yes the drawdown isn’t bad for such high returns. That’s why the trader should stick to the normal trading and be a bit more careful going forward and the losses can be recovered in 6-8 weeks. Instead he announced to switch to a higher risk strategy now.

1 Like

Totally agree. Especially keep position to against the market in high risk environment.

The drawdown is not the problem. Lack of consistency, panic and poor risk management throughout the strategy’s life is.
20% DD is certainly a bright prospect in those conditions and very far from the worst case scenario.

Forex markets were almost asleep since December last year. most of 2016 was way more volatile, and 2015 much more than 2016.
Low volatility was forgiving to this kind of averaging down, allowing narrow escapes with small losses when the trade doesn’t work out after averaging down.

This DD started with one medium sized move, and with the USD losing strength, events the developer refused to expect as a reality.

In any case, hoping he continues to trade as usual, means you believe low volatility conditions will persist indefinitely. At the next medium sized move, there will be a large DD again. And at the next big move (which inevitably will arrive), it can be a 50% DD or worse.

Of course - when developer moves to a new strategy, I see no reason to trade it without letting it accumulate a significant track record first (having a responsible trade leader behind the strategy it is another requirement…)

2 Likes

His broadcasts show that he’s lost right now…

When a developer tells us he’s changing his strategy… it often means the one you were on wasn’t very good to start with, and that to me means he’s not the expert trader I expect.

Again, we are all responsible for subscribing to strategies that have less than 6 months, and show double digits.

In his defense, he’s only got a 20%DD…

1 Like

I think ZIp4x at least had a team supposedly. This guy was a one man ship destined to sink because of all the fanfare he got on Collective2. Sad, because I really thought I could come in on the system in Feb and do well, but like I said, personally, the losses I took were beyond my own comprehension as a trader and actually made me feel stupider and set me back the 14 years I have learned this market, only hoping to find an autotrading system to ease the day to day pressures off.

First lesson of trading: there is no free lunch.
Second lesson of trading: if it’s too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

The thing is this big move could have been anticipated as it came right have the Fed meeting minutes came out. To have big positions in just before a known big event was a huge error that could be avoided.

1 Like

Hi folks, after 8 months on C2 today am below break even. I subscribed to another system until it went bezerk, then switched to conserve profit during the last 3 months and hoped to continue seeing consistent returns in between losses (which I understood and accept), so I gave CP a positive review a couple of weeks ago, a day before diarrheal GBP.USD, EUR.USD, JPY trades started losing all gains and a third of my account. Too late- I unsubscribed cp last Friday. C2 responded by closing all positions but a few seconds later C2 oppened all the same positions again and sent me an email to check my account for erroneous orders which may have been open. What a f’d up process. Indeed all orders remained open during the weekend and increased losses today. I wanted to change my feedback mentioned above, but have a feeling feedback is controlled (an invitation is usually received randomly, after some positive trades) but people can write in this forum.

1 Like

Well, voice it here brotha. Because we are all suffering this, and C2 wants to go public… aye… FIx your own inhouse shit first, M.Klein. This is an abomination. People are losing money on unintuitive “system” mistakes along with a trader losing his mind to fame and fanfare. Poor people, seriously, I feel for each and every one of you, because I too, know what it like to suffer on C2 systems that just come on, promise the world and fail after 3 months. Lost more than a life savings on this site…

Lol, get outta here!

1 Like

I should get a commission split for advertising you on this thread. It is the perfect opportunity to swoop in and smell blood! lol rrirghhhhhhtttttttt

I am very serious. Check out my thread on Elite Trader. YM Magic! You will not be disappointed.

Team… lol. So a team blew that one up.