Hedging issues in the one account?

Could multiple trading systems trading the same contracts long and short in the one account cause any weirdness? I don’t know if Autotrading supports hedging (simultaneous longs and shorts). Currently I’m trading 2 systems both in the one Bulldog account…

C2 AutoTrading supports the trading of multiple systems in one broker account – even if the systems trade the same contracts, and even if those positions are in opposite directions.

"We do not support Hedging. If you trade more than one system and they both trade the same pair, the opening and closing orders you will see in the FXCM software for each Trade may not match the system. This is because FXCM assigns closing orders to the first position it sees, not necessarily the one that matches the C2 signal. This means one system’s closing order may close another system’s open position. What matters is the combined net positions for all systems will match the net positions in your account. "

http://bulldogfx.com/trading_faq.html

I believe you are quoting the BulldogFX Web site in an effort to show that Bulldog does not allow you to trade multiple systems in one brokerage account. This is not true. I admit the BulldogFX Web site is not terribly clear on this, so let me explain.

C2 (and BulldogFX… and all C2-Compatible brokers) allows you to AutoTrade multiple systems within one brokerage account – even if those systems take opposite positions in the same instrument. Example: you can AutoTrade System A and System B in the same account, even if System A goes long Euros and System B goes short Euros at the same time.

C2 itself does not support “hedging” within a single trading system – that is, we do not support the idea that you can be both long and short the same currency within one system. If you want to go long and short at the same time, it’s called being flat.

The point is that, as an AutoTrade customer, you can subscribe to as many systems as you like, and AutoTrade them in one single account, without worrying if they trade the same symbols, or if they take opposite positions in those symbols.

That said, as a C2 system vendor, you can’t enter trades into your C2 system and go both long and short the same instrument.

But these are very different things.

MK

I believe you are quoting the BulldogFX Web site in an effort to show that Bulldog does not allow you to trade multiple systems in one brokerage account.

Well… I’ve quoted it only to show off official point of view of BulldogFX that is available for public. No more. No insults to BulldogFX or C2.

Thank you for your clarification, but my point was that the kind of explanation must be on BulldogFX FAQ, not somewhere on a forum(s)

Eu

Agreed. I’ll talk to Francis over at BulldogFX.

The text has been updated. I think I was having an epileptic seizure when I wrote the original text.

Francis