How to promote your strategy?

Thank for your reply. Yeah I was kind of thinking by September assuming decent performance that would be sufficient time.

So far so good!

1 Like

Why don’t I buy the index? Cause I beat the index and run one of the best performing strategies on here. You won’t find too many strategies on here that are almost two years old and have a better annual return.

2 Likes

You said that I should buy the index, but apparently you don’t, even with worse results! That’s a bit biased, no? If you don’t have useful comments or questions, please stay away of this thread.

Your strategy is ranked #129, while mine are #62, #92 and #606. And your drawdown is way higher than mine!

1 Like

Why no TOS then? :thinking:

1 Like

MyLivePortolio is a better more consistent strategy that beats the S&P. Also, your strategy has a higher max drawdown if we compare the same time period.

1 Like

I already manage my own portfolio and have been long before I opened an account on C2(with even better results). Frankly, I don’t have another $130k to TOS my own strategy on here.

1 Like

In reply to objective and verifiable numbers you respond with your opinion about your system… :rofl: Just drop it men. Planting doubts about others strategies has been your recurrent behavior. Please stop! (eg. TQQQSQQQ Longevity & Results - #22 by JoaquimFonseca)

1 Like

The Tendie-Man has entered the chat.

This is my short term trading account (performance pulled directly from IB) – to be clear, not the strategy I run on this site, which is a variation of this (better risk adj #s, but im not here to promote that).

But in all seriousness idk why y’all are bashing one another. I dont think its a question of one strategy being better than another, and frankly I think you need 36 months of data at least before you have statistically sufficient data to make such observances.

From my own experience as a practitioner, I wouldn’t get out of bed for a sharpe below 2 and thats a very simplistic way to look at things. what is correlation to your index (benchmark) and total portfolio for that manner; whats your skew? distribution of returns? Var? Sortino (imo better indicator than sharpe cause upside volatility shouldnt be weighed the same as downside vol); whats your edge? deconstruction of beta risk vs actual alpha?

id say spend more time focusing on your investing, trading and risk management and less on comparing performance over a time period that markets have been screaming up.

6 Likes

Then run it with less money.

Whatever. No TOS.

1 Like

I find it hard to believe that anyone can achieve these types of returns. If you did, you most likely would be the top trader on Collective2. I guess your TOS strategy (Alpha Surplus Fund) will eventually prove itself over time.

2 Likes

Hi Alvin, agree that those are phenomenal returns! But they are real, fundseeder uses only verified actual data from the trader’s account (IB in this case). Note though that the monthly returns are percentage, on fundseeder, it doesn’t mean for example, someone turned $100k into $100million over say 10 years. This is because the user (talking in general here, not specific to Tendie-Man) may have withdrawn from account over time.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s why I’m here lol.

On another site that tracks 20,000+ traders Im ranked (depending on how you sort) in the top 100. Based on annualized returns I’m like #4. Those criteria are for my more aggressive short term account.

My c2 acct strategy has substantial overlap but I tend to use up the buying power in my short term account first before I place trades in the c2 account, which has historically led to better fills and performance.

I’m shifting a bit now to use my short term account for more of a long/short strategy which I intend to post on c2 too in the c star program, but the alpha surplus fund strat will continue to do the active trading that has gotten me to this point.

this is exactly correct. I think I started with $20k capital or so back in 2018…? Now I keep my 2 accounts (ST and LT (c2 linked))at 150-200k and withdraw the profits.

Since i started withdrawing profits my trading actually improved substantially, so ive incorporated it into all of my trading now (i use all the buying power i have access to, so limiting the capital is good risk mgmt for me). You can see this with the blue flag below, thats where I started to withdraw excess capital. IDK if i will ever replicate 2021, but i said the same thing about 2020 and 2019…so who knows. now that my capital is larger I also dont need to be taking huge risks for returns, just sticking to my process and making 1-2% a week.

Account value over time can be seen here.

there are 2 large spikes up at start of jan 21 that was me moving capital around, but you kinda get the idea, i keep account at roughyl same size by withdrawing profits (the red dots). I think I’ve withdrawn just about $800k over the last 12 months now between my short term account (ST) and the LT account (C2 linked). LT meaning long term, but long term to me means a couple of days/weeks.

Heres a screen shot from the combined accounts via IB’s portfolio analyst report tool for further “proof”:

Started with $0, deposited like $20k, have withdrawn $760k and still have $340K there soo…760 + 340 = 1100 - original 20k = $1.08mm in profits since inception. And for those who say HEY YOURE SHOWING 2 ACCOUNTS! the vast majority, if not all (but i cant remember now) of the starting funds in my 2nd account (LT, C2-linked) came from trading profits in the ST account.

Anyway I hope this helps people understand where I’m coming from. the returns do look insane, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t possible. Long run i shoot for 5-10% a month but this year has been far above that, im sure eventually itll stop, but till then…

One final note as ppl contemplate the strategy…I am not a financial advisor and the following is ONLY MY OPINION – I DO NOT VIEW MY ST OR LT (OR BOTH) AS MEANT TO BE USED AS A LONG TERM PORTFOLIO - THIS IS ALL SPECULATIVE CAPITAL FOR ME, ALL 100% OF THE ACCOUNT. In my own investment accounts, these 2 account for like 30-40% of my networth. beyond withdrawing capital as a risk mgmt tool, its also to diversify my risk. If anyone was hypothetically thinking to subscribe to the strategy, I think it goes without saying that one should size their allocation accordingly. <—not investment advice.

1 Like

Would you be willing to provide the link to your fundseeder profile?

Thx for providing it. It seems like you can’t just view the link. You would need to create some type of an account there. I will try that.

Yep that sounds right! Shouldn’t be too cumbersome to make an account there to view it.

Have a good weekend!

What are you talking about? I am outranking you on here and my performance is double what yours is(with less leverage).

1 Like

The Tendie Man strategy seems to be abandoned

This is why… Here’s a screenshot from my personal account.

Focus on your results and strategy and you will increase investors automatically.

1 Like