How to promote your strategy?

On the other hand, I just subscribed to a new system because it has a decent description and is free for now. I have done that many times to be able to see the actual trades to know if a system is going to work for me. In the old days, C2 used to have free trials (I believe they were for one month), the ability of trade leaders to set no subscription fee actually turns out to be better because they can do that for longer if they so desire.

I usually don’t take any trades when I subscribe to free, newer systems until I see how they are performing and if the trades, risk, etc., make sense to me.

I believe that people do not value what is free. And the risk here is to try for 1 week because it is free and then jump to another system without following the strategy for the minimum recommended time (9 months). Worst than this is the possibility of these same users giving bad feedback based on their insufficient experience.

I am a pharmacist and when I worked in Portugal I saw this happening with my own eyes. Insulin for diabetics was 100% reimbursed by NHS, and the patients didn’t have to pay anything at the pharmacy. Insulins need to be stored in the fridge, and they should not be used if out of the fridge for a certain amount of time. Many, many times I have sold the quantity needed for 6 months, twice in the same month to the same patient because they forgot it in the car, or in the kitchen out of the fridge. But it was not a concern for them, because they did not have to pay anything. What everyone forgets is that the money to pay this comes from everyone taxes…

You know the fees are deducted from the results right?

I am happy when in a flat day my strategies have these results :smiley: Also on a positive note, the 2 strategies that I have created to be C2 Star certified, reached today the performance criteria :smiley:

2 Likes

I noticed just now another good news for my strategies. :slight_smile: If you order the stock strategies by annualized return, my 2 strategies are in the top 2 places for C2 Star strategies. There is still 1 month to go to reach full certification, but it is already a good sign :smiley: They are in the 133th and 135th place of all stock strategies.

My strategy “Save for Retirement” is performing even better than expected and we have had a few days that in spite of the market being negative or flat we had quite a significant positive returns. Yesterday, for example, SP500 closed with a 0,04% return and we closed with 2,2%!

I am also happy to share with you that my subscribers (with real money, not Sim) are now sitting in returns from 5,6% to 10,7% returns, in spite of having subscribed less than 1 month ago! :smiley:

I wish you all a great week,
Joaquim

1 Like

This week my portfolio managed to do quite well :slight_smile:

It’s official now, my second subscriber unsubscribed from my strategy. :frowning: I don’t understand how someone that subscribes to a medium to long term system quits after 1 month. Even worse, quits after a 28,3% return in 64 days! The strategy has been working for years for me and I won’t change it to have more subscribers. I have 10 more months to go before my annual subscription expires. If I don’t reach break even by then I will quit Collective 2.

On a happier note my 2 other strategies, that I have applied for C2Star certification, continue on the good track. I am on day 42 and I will start making money, if they don’t fail any criteria, in 18 days! :smiley:

I am wondering if subscribers on here are looking for trading strategies rather than investing strategies. Unfortunately they might not see the value in buy and hold even if you beat the market substantially. Good luck.

2 Likes

Make’em regret it :wink:

3 Likes

If it helps, I do my own long-term investing and only come to C2 looking for shorter-term trading systems to juice my returns. So I tend towards more aggressive strategies. I feel the fees here are too high for systems that hold positions long-term.

Maybe other subscribers will chime in with their perspectives.

2 Likes

Everyone sooner or later will have a bad week. :frowning:

This week a very prominent C2 trader started to sim my strategy. It’s nice to attract the attention of a trader that is in one of the top positions of the C2 leader board :smiley:

The C2Star strategies still meet the performance criteria :slight_smile:

Dashboard 20210129

Regarding to your subscription fee, we assume you’ll have 100 subscribers in coming months after your perfect promotion, then you’ll get $ 3750 per month from C2.
Do you think you could earn the same amount via your trading account?
If so, I see no value to promote yourself day by day.
If not, I think the promotion work does play a key role.
Thanks,

2 Likes

I am starting to reach that conclusion too. C2 is a side job, of my side job (investing) and it doesn’t make sense to put too much work on it.

In these 2 months in C2 I have tried to promote this in investment forums, but I think without much success. The 2 subscribers that I got, and already cancelled, didn’t tell me why they have subscribed (or unsubscribed), so I don’t know if it was due to my post in external forums or if they were C2 users that found my strategy.

I have paid an annual C2 subscription, so I have 10 more months to let my C2 investment to reach break even. If it doesn’t reach I will give up. C2, for me, has 2 main selling points. The first one is to be a potential source of additional money to invest and the second is the “competitive” side of it. Even if I don’t make money out of it I would still stay for the competitive part, but I am not willing to pay (more) to enjoy this. I have other places where to spend money just to have fun :smiley:

1st February SP500 result: +1,61%

Dashboard 20210201

You definitely went all in with your C2 account by having multiple strategies and paying for the year upfront. You probably need at least a year before promoting your strategies successfully on other sites. C2 should be a side project a trade leader can afford to do and not expect early success. If you look at it that way then the journey will be easier. Good luck.

4 Likes

Another nice week :smiley:

We’re all having nice weeks.

1 Like

I’m close to pulling the trigger with my strategy. I have multiple strategies and since I’ll need a Premium Trade Leader Plan to send the trades to the C2 network, I’ll be paying for up 3 strategies and I might as well deploy all three.
I’m trading everyday anyway, I might as well enter the fray and see if I can garner a following (over time!) 8)
Saving 15% for an annual plan takes a little of the sting out and commits me to the long term mantra “if you build it …they may come and hopefully stay awhile!”

2 Likes

To comply with C2Star rule that strategy equity should be between 40K and 60K I had to rescale both my strategies. The annoying part is that you need to close all positions and orders before rescaling it. :frowning: In the process you also lose some some performance because the strategy subscription as a percentage of equity is higher.

1 Like