How to promote your strategy?

I am happy when my strategies go north (+0,3% to +0,6%) while the market goes south (-0,39%) :smiley:

1 Like

And today I have also achieved the 8th from 9 stars to get C2 Star validation in the S4R Value and Growth strategy.

I think when both systems complete the 60 days period they will have both the 9 stars needed, but let’s see. :slight_smile:

I am quite puzzled today! My first subscriber, who started on 16th December, appears now in the strategy dashboard as pending unsubscription. :frowning: It’s sad for me to lose a subscriber only after 6 days, but it is even more difficult to understand given that in this period I have earnt 4,8%

1 Like

Finishing the day on a more positive note:

A positive day for all my strategies :smiley:

Just keep up the solid performance and I am sure you will gain subscribers.

1 Like

I kind of know how that feels. I had a someone quit simulating my strategy after 2 days even though I have a detailed description of what to expect.

1 Like

When considering a strategy, after performance, the first thing I look for is a description. So many strategies these days have none.

Also, reply to inquiries about your strategy. Although I imagine the people that can’t be bothered to respond are probably not reading on the forum either.

If you get simulators or subscribers, send them messages or emails to keep them updated on your strategy’s positions, what you are seeing in the market, what plans you might have for a trade. Subscribers need to know you are engaged and on top of things.

I will stay with a strategy a lot longer if there is a cordial relationship with the trade leader and will let them know if and why I have decided to leave. I have also had trade leaders contact me when I unsubscribe to ask for feedback, I’d recommend that for anyone who wonders why subscribers leave.

6 Likes
  • Average Annual return / Max drawdown > 2
  • Don’t criticize other strategies to promote your own - it’s uncouth and unprofessional
  • Don’t martingale - it never ends well
  • Do this long enough and the performance of your strategy will promote itself

Yes, you will have subscribers leave for random reasons. For some a +30% return over the span of 6 months is not good enough because you had a red month. That’s ok, let them chase their tails jumping to the hottest strategy each month.

2 Likes

Create systems under numerous accounts weekly until one catches a good run and go all in ape nutz.
Write a fancy broadcast shoutout every week as if you really care about your subs, they will stick around longer even if you have a 45% drawdown.
Don’t worry too much about the message board as most subs will not come from here…Have Fun!!

Each new C2 account must be ID verified, so unless the trader leader is James Bond and has multiple passports at his disposal he cannot possibly do it.

Then oh well, back to the drawing board.

1 Like

i doubt that accounts are verified, or multiple verified accounts are actually permitted. Example is the following post -

Your sentence is rather confusing, could you rephrase it please?

i rephrased it above. i mean that trade leaders don’t hide their multiple accounts which means they are allowed to do this.

Here is a new Trade Leader for example, he just created a new C2 account and a new strategy.
Now read what it says on his strategy page:
“Subscriptions not currently available. This is a new strategy, and Collective2 is verifying the strategy developer. Please check back soon.”

C2Proof

As you can see, each new C2 account must be ID verified first (passport, driver’s license, etc…).
And US customers must also give their social security number if they want to get paid.

This was a rough week for my strategies. I have 1 pending unsubscription and I lost the outperformance star for the strategies that I have applied to C2 certification. :frowning:

On a more positive note I gained 1 more subscriber :slight_smile:

When analysing a strategy people need to be aware of the young age effect. When ranked by annualised return, my strategy is in 35th place with an amazing 294%. But this is misleading, because in fact, in my real account, I am just a little over the 100% mark.

Also if you also do a first scan looking at the little charts in the grid, mine looks totally fake - it’s just a line going straight up, without any negative or positive fluctuation.

This week I reached almost 20% return after only 35 days :slight_smile: But nonetheless I got someone to cancel the subscription this week :frowning:

It’s super clear in my system description that this is a medium to long term strategy, so I don’t understand someone that tries it for a few days and then cancels the subscription.

Anyway here are my results for this week :smiley: A good start I might add

It has taken over a year and half to get subscribers that are willing to withstand any sort of drawdown. I fully expect at the next dip in my strategy 30% or more of my subscribers will cancel and leave an angry review. Just keep at it and you will find subs that will keep at it too.

3 Likes

People want to see at least a year of activity to determine whether or not a system is worth subscribing to. If you are a long term investor, you should apply those same principles to your C2 account. Personally, I do well with investing and I’m on here because I like the competition. Not for the sole purpose of getting subscribers.

2 Likes