I need help setting up my 11-22

"It is easy to single out systems and say they will fail, at least 90% do."

It is easy IF you recognize the fact that this 90% base rate is more important than excellent performance statistics of a new system, and IF you control your own greed enough to ignore annualized returns of +1000%. For many newbies this is a psychologically difficult task, though. The community-value of Index is that he relentlessly brings this under their attention.

That being said, I think that he has been too obsessed with some vendors, at least to my taste. I suspect this is one reason why some people ignore him. That doesn’t mean that he was wrong, though. There were just too many posts with the same message.

"The community-value of Index is that he relentlessly brings this under their attention".

Agreed Jules, but don’t want to here about his trading ability unless he demonstrates it to us all. And this guy hasn’t even put one trade on yet, 11-22. One thing, couldn’t anyone go after a system and almost always be right, sooner or later?

by your response, I am guessing FuturM was spouting about what I said. He is one of the few I put on permanent ignore awhile ago, as he rarely said much that made much sense. I will listen to people who are diametrically opposed to what I say and put up valid arguments. FuturM was not such a person.

As for what I said above, there is nothing above I said that I think rings untrue. I usually “obsess” against people who are taking advantage of others lack of knowledge, or newbies who trump up age-old useless methods (like this “can’t miss” betting algorithm guy), or like Gilbert, might attract newbies into his web via faked claims.

Bob, I’m not an old timer in the industry but I am familiar with a somewhat similar strategy that appears to be profitable for a trader in the forex market during calm periods (don’t know if it will work for the ES market) but it’s definitely worth a shot.

Good luck with your system.

Thanks for the permanent ignore, makes things more pleasant when you read but don’t reply.

"The community-value of Index is that he relentlessly brings this under their attention".

Would it not be an equal or greater community-value to point out the good systems, by his standards.

Thank You…we up the basic automated system today…up 600 on the day…Bob Nordberg :slight_smile:

Is the Forex one called black Jack ?

This is a very newbie comment, and, as Kevin was trying to indicate to you, it’s not that you’re going to like what he has to say, it’s just that it’s usually the truth.

Anyone give me odds on how long a martingale like this will last?

I go at most 3 months, meandering for most of it, maybe increase 100%, but ending -50% at least.

I bet back in the sixteen hundreds some guy was standing allong the side of the Dance Floor saying the same about the Waltz…He just could not get the concept of the Box Step it was so simple it continued to confound him lol …And their was another gorup who just thought the thought of touching a Woman was discusting! …and they missed out on all the FUN! :slight_smile: Bob Nordberg :slight_smile: I came in to this Collective2 site not to sell any thing "I laid out the whole system" but to get a larger confermation that this Crazy idea of mine that this was really a working system. So please test it on paper, test it live, back test it 5 years, conferm it in YOUR real world! if it works and you get rich and you want to send me some money great! … Oh and by the way the "martingale" system is older than the Waltz and you can back test that lol :^)

Ok here is the deal …If you dont want to test it fine …I dont want to know what your guess it is going to do. Every body has a opinion the only opinions I cae to here is from people who actually test it, and maybe tweek it, by adding this or that to it…Dont wanna here from Mr. Been there done that bla bla bla …the been there done that’s please go pick on someone else and their idea! or better yet come up with your idea! What I am looking for, is more folks like James Nelson who today made a automated program ran that same program and from a working program “Automated” did a total of 10 trades for a profit of 600.00 Dollars in one day!! Then Mr Nelson and I now call him Mr. Nelson because he deserves it, sujested a tweek here and a tweek their to offset slippage, dbl. comm. and market timeing. So their it is if you care to also test and help tweek this one concept of mine and I say mine loosely people Jike Mr Jay Bowers and others have been TWEEKING this for some time already…Tweek yes ! Test hell yes ! Opinions please keep them to your self ! thank you Bob Nordberg

No, it’s not.

what is the name for the one you are refering to? thanks…Bob

Wow seems like mr been their done that got you tisked off 2 lol

Not sure if the system has a name, I was referring to a trading strategy used by a private trader.

So i guess from your comment, testing it, or trying it, is out of the question ? lol Please leave this space for those who do want to give it a go okedoke !

Good Job with that turning points and good luck with that 5th trigger

Index Dude… what we are saying is test or go away… enough allready go bla bla and put down another idea some where else !

Good point turning point hope he gets the point ! lol