I want to subscribe to 10-20 systems

I am new to Collective2 but wanted to ask a general question. I want to subscribe to 10-20 systems and spread my investments evenly among them. I want to auto trade them. Is this something that would actually work?

Hi John,

Since you haven’t heard from anyone yet, I’ll take a shot.

Theoretically it is entirely possible to trade that many systems. I know someone who just told me he trades 11 at once on Gen3.

I would only attempt it using Gen3, not Gen1 – too much overhead with a client-based system. But of course it’s up to you to scale each system appropriately so that you maintain proper margin, etc, and determine that the systems CAN be scaled so that you can anticipate the same results as shown.

I’d recommend starting with one of each type of instrument (stocks, futures, etc) and getting to know the autotrade configurations and margin requirements for those types, and then increasing subscriptions from there.

Hope this helps,

Christina

Hi John,

As Christina mentioned, it is possible to Autotrade multiple systems to create a trading a portfolio as long as you set your Autotrading permissions for each system to collectively work with your brokerage account.

Hint: As you build your portfolio, you can overlap their equity charts by placing the systems you are considering in your Watch List. From one of the system pages, drog another system from the Watch List to the equity chart…and Voila! You can now see both systems on the same chart and view the Combined Portfolio line. You can also "rebalance" the systems if you are trading one system more than the other (ie. 25% and 75%).

- Melissa