Interactive brokers forex commission

Hi,

Interactive Brokers has a volume based commission rate with a minimal amount[1]. For example a 100k EURUSD trade costs $5 per round trip. The C2 Interactive Brokers cost is $10 (10 x $0.5 x 2). Is there a reason why you are twice as expensive?

Thanks,

Peter

[1]https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=commission&p=fx1

Peter,

We don’t support Forex at Interactive Brokers…

Francis

But to answer Peter’s question a bit more - C2 always adds Gen3 AutoTrading costs to all performance estimates. So in this case, for forex we add $0.50 per 10,000 bought or sold.

Right, that’s the point I wanted to get across. The commission the system uses in the “P/L” calculation don’t really match what IB charges. In your case it’s favorable to do mini lots, where a round trip would only cost $1 vs. the $2 at IB (didn’t notice that they actually lowered it from $2.5). Obviously doing a full million would result in $100 vs. $20 per round trip. That coupled with the wider spreads when doing market orders is a substantial transaction cost difference.

Any chance you could change that?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi, bumping this. Any chance you can adjust the Interactive brokers commission rates?

Thanks,

Peter

In case someone is wondering what I’'m whining about, here is an example:

I recently traded 10 USD/JPY. The full round-trip costs me $4 in commission at Interactive Brokers and $10 here. I also closed the trade using a market order which filled at 101.830 at IB and 101.841 here. So and additional cost of 1.1 pips, or $11. (It’s rare that the “slippage” is positive, I’ve only seen it a couple of times)

Now what are a few dollars and pips between friends? Well multiply by 70+ trades in 8 days and you should get the picture.

I understand that the broker fees are an estimate, however a friendly suggestion would be to bring back the non-commission equity line as seen in the classical view at least and perhaps add that P/L as a column to the trades list as well.