Introducing a new system "CrystalBall" and would appreciate feedback

I just wanted to thank you, QuantFour, for the way you have responded to questions on this thread. Oftentimes when new developers here post about their systems, the thread will quickly devolve into unprofessional behavior. Developers who calmly answer questions and maintain their dignity are the ones who make me want to check out their systems.

Since yours is free to subscribe at this time, I have joined your system and will paper trade it for a while. I only trade manually and from how you have so far described your approach, it may work for me. I’d still like to see any trade-by-trade backtest results you feel you can provide without giving away the store.

2 Likes

@JITF

Boy, what a tough crowd :slight_smile:

I suppose so, if the intention is to take advantage of unsuspecting people. Like you correctly pointed out, there are many many ways to manipulate any system to make it look good especially on the internet from people whom you have never met. Forget about the internet, I once sat across a man face-to-face who handed me Disney tickets that turned out to be fake. So I totally get the skepticism, which is actually healthy for our survival & well being.

I will continue to think about ways to provide additional information that will be helpful to cross the mid-point on your trust scale. For now, I don’t have any other great ideas but happy to take any suggestions.

Like you said, I will continue to build the track record here as I am interested in the long term success which is what the system’s objective is.

3 Likes

@VG2

Thank you very much for the kind words and thanks to the rest for bringing up thought provoking questions so I have an opportunity to share any details/opinions. Much appreciated.

As far as the system goes, I will leave it free until there is enough interest and evidence that it is successful. Sure, I am interested in making money, but not at the expense of others. And, thank you for subscribing. I will share the individual trades as you requested shortly.

The system is easy to trade manually as it is once a month and the trades are posted before the market opens. Even if for some reason the trades are not taken at the open, in the long run, there should not be a huge difference in performance as the delays get averaged out over time. Some delays work in your favor and others against you.

The same system works on a weekly basis too with similar performance results, but, one of the design choices I made was to reduce the number of trades to make it easy on smaller accounts as I would like this to be used in retirement accounts too.

2 Likes

Good day everyone.

It has been 3 months since CrystalBall was introduced and I wanted to check back in for any feedback from the subscribers & observers.

While nothing to gloat, glad to see the last 3 months have been positive. An astute observer might point out that the market has been also been positive, the key difference is that the system achieved +7.6% while deploying only 60-70% of the available Cash. This was one of the stated objectives of the system to achieve better performance while minimizing risk.

The cash usage for the last 3 months has been:
Jul - 60%
Aug - 69%
Sep - 69%
Oct - 70% (Will be deployed on Oct 1st)

Again, this is not a get rich quick system, but rather a slow & steady market adaptive system to keep the money in the market if conditions are right or get you out if things go south. This system is specifically built to provide scalability to trade large accounts by way of asset selection and retirement accounts by sticking to long only stocks.

Hopefully, some of you who have raised thought provoking questions, had the chance to observe the system in action.

In case, if you are new, please check out the system. Q4.CrystalBall

As always, any further thoughts are much appreciated.

Thank you.
Quantfour

1 Like