ITM 2.0 Released

Tonight we released Instant Trade Messenger 2.0. It looks a lot like ITM 1.0, but it uses Ajax technology to enhance stability.

Please note that Java and browser-based software is notoriously fickle and depends on your personal computer configuration: what browser you are using, how you set your security preferences, etc. So it’s possible that ITM 1.0 worked fine, but that ITM 2.0 will not work for you. While we’ve tested ITM 2.0 on a variety of browsers, it’s possible you may encounter something strange. If you do, please report the problem to me via email. Also, keep in mind that it’s possible to downgrade back to ITM 1.0 if you have problems with 2.0 (just click the link in the upper right corner of the window). However, I strongly encourage you to use 2.0, since it solves a lot of problems that users have reported.

What’s so great about ITM 2.0?

ITM 2.0 uses Asynchronous Javascript and XML (Ajax, in geek speak) to communicate with the C2 server. The benefit of this architecture is that if the server slows down during a peak period – or even if it goes down completely – your ITM window will smartly attempt to re-connect to the server until it is successful.

This means, in theory, no more dropped connections. No more ITM windows with “Internal Server” error messages. And for those of you who count on the ITM bell sound to wake you out of your slumber, in order to place nighttime trades, you’ll be able to rest a bit easier.

That’s the theory, anyhow. Let me know if you have any problems.

Matthew

Thanks MK … look forward to seeing how this works on Tuesday. On another technical problem front, I tried the “Advanced Search” from the C2 home page and selected only forex when the seach page popped up (no other selections). Clicking the search button duly threw up a page with a bunch of forex systems, but if I try to sort by clicking on any of the column headings I just get back the initial search page with no systems shown, or any boxes checked. Same result with either Internet Explorer or Netscape browsers. Should I be able to sort by clicking on the column headings?

Yes, you should be able to sort by clicking on the column headings. I think I broke something when I upgraded the search functionality recently. I’ll take a look at it this week and fix it.

Hey Matthew,

I need a response to the problem I messaged you about a few days ago. It is rather serious, and I have bills to pay. Please help ASAP! Those two charges are wholely inaccurate. That’s a big chunk of money, that really cannot afford to wait! Thanks in advance!