July 4th

C2 had a bit of a problem last night because of the July 4th holiday here in the U.S.

C2 (wrongly) believed all forex markets had closed, and was not accepting any forex orders. This problem has now been resolved.

Also C2 refused to accept any futures trades on U.S. electronic exchanges last night (evening of July 3), wrongly believing those electronic exchanges were closed. Trading was light, but the exchanges were open.

As I write this (9:48 am Eastern), the U.S. stock, option, and futures markets are all closed. Markets on C2 should re-open properly later this evening. Sorry about the inconvenience this holiday schedule problem may have caused.

Finally, Collective2 wishes a happy Fourth of July to all its American users!

-Matthew

Hi Matthew, from the EUU6 chart I see that the following orders for E-WOLF system should have been filled 7~10 hours ago last night at 23pm ~ 3am EST. They still have not been filled by C2 engine yet. Is this some new problem or is it that the C2 engine just needed to take some time to do the process (but I noticed that it has been more than 30 minutes already since your above post (which saying that the problem has already fixed))?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/3/06 22:52 STO 2 @EUU6 @ limit 1.2874 GTC Pending Cancel Xrplc

7/3/06 22:54 STO 2 @EUU6 @ limit 1.2886 GTC Pending Cancel Xrplc

By the way, GLOBEX is not closed yet. At least I see that the EUU6 is still open for trading right now.

Ah, well…

The C2 database assumes all futures exchanges in the U.S. are now closed. I see that you are correct, and that GLOBEX is open. It’s impossible to fix this now, in time for any meaningful trading. I’ll need to make sure this is corrected by the next holiday. I really do apologize for this problem. The holiday schedules give the software conniptions.

MK