If someone knows please share it.
Thanks,
Paul

Trade Futures follows the trend

Stocks -

The Momentum of Now

The Spirit of Nicolas Darvas

thank you guys, i will do my dd…

Can you explain further what you mean by “the trend”? What trend (the general market, like the US S&P 500) are you exactly referring? Thanks.

2 Likes

Basically, if you trade general market,( like the US S&P 500), in an up day you are long and in a down day you are short, your strategy would be called a “follow trend” strategy,IMO.

Identify the trend is a challenge (noone knows the future), but I used to play with market force and other indicators there is away to figure out the velocity of the market…So that is what I’m asking if anyone figure out , backtested and prove system that can identify and predicted move in the market based on market internals. Just before yesterday we had 9 session when S&P went down… This is a trend down.

Lol…isn’t that is what everyone who trades is trying to do (trading down when market is going down and trading with it up when it is going up…the whole point of trading)?

Ok, here is a little teaser for you then…I have a system that follows the market’s movement - “trend” (for example, including the obvious downturn for the last “9 sessions” you mentioned). Blue = Market on uptrend and Red = Market on downtrend

The first two screenshots are the “market” (Russell 2000 and SP 500) - down and in contrast with the last screenshot (TVIX representing the VIX) going upwards opposite to the market’s downward trend.

I guess this is “the trend” (Holy Grail) everyone is searching for, right? Somehow my system was able to produce those blue and red lines accurately that lasts for a bit of time (like a 9-day downturn if you want to buy and hold (overnight), that is.) Someone might have something better up their sleeves. Enjoy and good luck.

1 Like

Hi, KT3,
I guess you didn’t understand “trend”.
In your examples, Blue is not trend, only Red is trend.
Market movement is not equal to trend.
There are noises that are also market movement, which are not trend.
A man goes to his destination, a dog runs around him, sometimes ahead, sometimes behind.
The way the man walk is trend.
The way the dog runs is not a trend.
Also, in an up trend, drawback is not trend.
In a down trend, rebound is not a trend. They are all market movement, but they are not trend.
If you profit from trend, you have higher probability.

There is no Holy Grail…But thanks I will look it up…

Paul, I am being a little facetious and sarcastic, if you didn’t get that. The proof though is always in the pudding, as they say. Have a great day.

I won’t argue with you. Obviously, you just see lines and you have no idea what anything on those charts represent besides what I just told you (about the “basics” - lines), so please don’t make assumptions (about “noise”, “drawbacks”, “movements” etc.) Have a good day.

You tell me not to make assumptions, now you make assumption that I have no idea about a chart.

Ok, just show your strategy and try to compete with mine.

I am sorry, but why so many systems with your obvious such a great understanding of the markets, charts and trends? Your Sharpe ratios show that your “trial and error” systems from the past are not all that great, like this one you abandoned after it went bust.

Anyone can make a few run of great trades if you keep creating multiple systems and hoping to get lucky and strike gold with one of them. I guess 13 might be your lucky number.

Because I have been experimenting a strategy that can work in all kinds of situation.
Everyone knows market has two directions:up and down.
But I guess very few know that actually market has 3 directions:up trend, down trend and no trend.
I had a strategy that could work great in either up trend or down trend.But if there is no trend, my strategy would lose money.Because the basic principle of this strategy is if market goes my way,I would not take profit, but let profit run.
If market go back, I would cut loss. This principle work great in either up trend or down trend. But when there is no trend, market just doesn’t go ahead, it just go forth and back.When I goes forth, I don’t take profit.When it goes back, I cut loss.
So in a no trend situation, this strategy doesn’t sell at a profit, but only sell at a loss.That’s why this strategy doesn’t work if there is no trend.
I experimented a lot of strategies, to tried to make them able to deal with up trend, down trend, and no trend.
That’s why you see I had so many strategies and then abandoned them.
But the latest strategy, Indices Futures, is successful and I guess it can deal with all kinds of situation. ,

Ok…good luck. Hope this one works for you. Have a good day.

Wang is right. There is no solution for every market behavior in one system. I know some ppl who use 4 systems and they run on different market conditions…I’m not trying to teach how to live anyone here. I hope, u all make money :smile:

Pretty much any strategy that does not sell option premium.

The question shouldn’t be a system that follows trend, but in what time frame? intraday, daily, weekly, etc.Mine follows intraday minutes, but according to other models that focus on longer time frames, it may be considered contratrend.

2 Likes