Make reports more tranparent and honest => useful

Following does not include forex where commission is covered by bid/ask.

There are a number of important features which make these graphics and reports of dbioud use.

I just learnt for a start that the green equity curve is for open and close positions. Now I can see how that gives a look at drawdown periods - but they should be reported anyway.

The best way to see how a system performs graphically is to show the closed equity plot.

Also - the graph should be shown trade by trade without increasing and decreasing lots to get an accurate picture of performance [some do do this like coin collector]

AND WHERE ARE the commissions? I leanrt fx is covered by ASK-Spread, but on Futures at least they should absolutely be a deduction of at LEAST $20 per contract per round lot trade [some people still pay more[…AND at least a further $10 for slippage.

When I first came onto this site I thought it as a really cool idea. But the ,more O look at it the more what I consider to be some significant problems.

Take a look at coin collector for instance - I was going to subscribe to this - I still might, but I have re-appraised it in the light of the commission problem

Trades512

Profitable357

Losses155

Win %69.7%

Cumu $$145,250

after typical commission$119,600

Avg Win$1,133

Avg Loss$1,672

Now if you get into these figurs a bit more - they have a great plus in that they are for trades of the same number of contracts at least - giving a closed equity curve an honest look.

BUT

Each turn is 10 LOTS

Lets say you’ve got a good broker and get $20 round lots with 0 slippage.

512 Trades X 10 LOTS X $20 = 102400

Coin Collector has figures like this

Cumu $$145,250

after typical commission$119,600

I think they should be more like this

Cumu $$145,250

after typical commission$42,850

[Sorry coin collector btw - it’s just that I was studying your system all day in as much detaila as I could and this occurred to me late in the day - I could make these same points about a number of systems.]

Consider also that coin collector average win [stated at rockwelltrading.com ] is

Avg. Profit per Trade

$34

Now if that is per contarct with commisiom it should actually read $14

And this commission factor would show a lot of winning trdaes as losers so 70% win ration would decline too.

C2 is a great idea - but c’mon - lets get the heavy iron out.

Repots without honest commsion charges are a nonsense.

===

Here’s my 90%+ successfuly scheme

Trending high [lets say filter is dmi adx, or macd , whatever]

Buy 1 at highest high 1 day ago - sell at highest high 1 day ago plus 2 points.

without commission maybe 90% successful

with commission 100% failing.

While I agree with your overall point that C2 could do a lot more to make the information presented more realistic I strongly disagree with your position that the estimated commission per RT emini future trade should be “at LEAST $20”. If you are paying that much then its time for a new broker. IB and MBT both charge slightly less than $5 per RT (and prehaps quite a bit less if you can get a monthly volume discount)

Also if you are going to try to factor in slippage (which is a separate argument) then I think it should be based on the product traded rather than a fixed amt like $10 per contract, e.g. just make it one tick per contract per side so the dollar amt varies with tick size rather than a one-size-fits-all solution like $10.

My 2 cents.

…maybe I do need a new broker :0

who are IB and MBT ?

IB http://www.interactivebrokers.com

MBT http://www.mbtrading.com/

EC,

I strongly agree with Pete: You should expect to pay $20 per RT for a full service broker who’s monitoring the trades for you, and maybe even places trades according to your trading plan.

When subscribing to C2 and auto-trading through TradeBullet you only need a discount broker who supports TradeBullet.

Especially when trading a trend-fading system like CoinCollector with a rather low average profit per trade, you need a broker with a low commission structure.

About trading profits:

Net profit is defined as average net profit per trade multiplied by trading frequency. If you have a system that trades 90 times per month and produces an average net profit per trade of $30, then you will make more profits than when trading a system that trades only 4 times per month but has a high average net profit of $150.

You need to make sure that the average profit per trade covers slippage and commissions. Then the net profit becomes a factor of trading frequency and position size.

Hope that helps.