Most Subscribed To

Suggestion: On the home page, a list of ‘Most Subscribed To’ in addition to the other lists.

–h

I don’t think matthew will allow that for obvious reasons. Right Matt?

Martijn

Right, we’ve considered ideas like this (lists like “Most Subscribed” and “Most AutoTraded”) but I feel the potential negatives outweigh the potential positives (negatives primarily being the creation of feedback loops where winners stay winners and losers stay losers, without actual regard to the merit of the systems). This is not set in stone, and I may reconsider it in the future.

>where winners stay winners and losers stay losers

I don’t really see how an eventually losing system would stay winner, after all we have to assume that common sense eventually prevails and subscribers would leave…

I understand the concern from a system developer standpoint, keep the numbers hidden as to not discourage new subs. From a subscriber standpoint I would have to disagree. It would be very valuable to know how many subscribers a system has for the purpose of deciding if "sudden system failure" is a result of over-subscription. Why not at least allow the number of subs to be viewable to subscriber of the system. You can watch for free, once you put up the $ for a sub, you can see it.

That’s an interesting idea.

Just look at MVP-3. It had a 70% drawdown during the meltdown, now has a 30% drawdown (roughly), and subscribers are still saying how great the system is! The developer has a lot of followers on his yahoo board, and reading the reviews, it almost sounds like a cult.

How Interesting. I would have thought that with subscription fees involved, the winners and losers would quickly sort themselves out.

That a fee-based system would act irrationally (losers paying to lose (twice: once w/ trades and again w/ subs. fee) when alternatives are readily available) is fascinating.

Thanks,

–h

I wish Matthew would look out a little bit more for the interest of the subscribers than for the developers.

Another idea should be re-surrected: Show which developers actually trade their system on C2. That would help tremendously the subscriber to decide which system to favor.

Same stuff, different day. All of these wouldn’t protect the developer’s privacy. We show our trades, so what else do you want to see? High oversubscription would be more likely to cause a system to fail.

Another idea should be re-surrected: Show which developers actually trade their system on C2. That would help tremendously the subscriber to decide which system to favor.

I play with the idea. My main reason however wasn’t new subscribers. I’d like to keep positions and prices in sync between my account and C2.

Well…

Trader68 - no success. At least it doesn’t work for me properly.

TradeBullet - I had good impression about the software, but my subscribers had a bunch of problem with it. So I don’t want to waste my time for it.

NinjaTrader probably will work for me (i’m going to try it next), because I already have good execution software and I don’t really need Trader68 & TradeBullet.

You see. There is a lot of headache for system vendor to just introduce it and believe me the headache will be included to a system price :wink:

We show our trades, so what else do you want to see?

Heh heh. Your last tax return/account statement/broker statement. Photos of your wife/kids/home/car. Your photo. CV is a must.

The system should be free. 10000% per months. No DD.

what else? Yeah… it’s better if you trade the system and just wire a profit to my account.

Only in the case I might consider you.

Eu

The point of my post was to demonstrate how different hypothetical results can be from real life auto trading.

If a developer can show that his real life auto traded account comes close to the hypothetical results that would help him a lot to attract subscribers.

All the other blah blah you mentioned is irrelevant to the issue.

And my point was that nothing is free.

Eu

LOL. and +85% winners too.

[LINKSYSTEM_30908425]

"I wish Matthew would look out a little bit more for the interest of the subscribers than for the developers. "

This is about the only trading site that audits the returns of vendors, and gives a large basket of statistics, metrics, reviews forums, and other things to "look under the hood" for subscribers. Some sites basically give yuo an equity curve, or perhaps a few metrics.

I think MK treats the subs very well, thank you.