The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

My Beet Basket of Strategies

I am sure that as soon as I post this they all tank, but here are my current picks until I change them. To be clear these are just the strategies I WOULD invest in if I had the money to invest in all of them (I only have enough available capital to invest in some at the moment). I would probably do about an equal weight portfolio of them. For record sake lets just say equal weight, but I would probably do some weighting if it was real money.

I don’t know why some of the strategies are showing drawdowns that definitely didn’t occur if you look at those actual strategies.

You may notice that my picks are mostly long only, IRA friendly, max leverage in the 2-4 range.

Currently from Jun 4th (start date of youngest strategy) to Aug 30th 2019 the results are:

Quantimer TQQQ: 24%
Patience is a Virtue: 21%
Alpha Stability: 19%
Adaptive Global Macro: 15%
TQQQ Trader: 15%
Golden Road: 6%
Trend Countertrend -NDX: 3%
Black Ace: 0%
SPY: 4%

So pretending I start today with $500,000 and equally allocate let’s see how this goes.If you know of other strategies that fit my criteria of good but reasonable enough to last and IRA friendly please let me know.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your list, Dwight, I found a couple new ones to put on my watch list. I am always looking for long-only, IRA-friendly systems, with the added caveat that they can be manually traded. Another one I am watching that fits the bill is SPODD500.

How did you come up with this list?

My criteria were essentially

Have they been profitable
Can they be traded in IRA or cash account
Do the charts so far look like something I could stomach
Does it seem too good to be true?
Do the description and trade record suggest it is promising but not too good to be true.

SPODD500 does fit. I think JARBA also fits. I will likely add those to the next round of selections I make after a bit of time passes.

We are very similar. Although I am (was) watching JARBA, it hasn’t made any headway since last December, I wouldn’t have the patience for that.

This isn’t the first time JARBA has had a similar period of less than great performance. The slow period in 2018, warning against future ones in the description, and the current slow period make me more confident that the strategy is based in reality.

My main concern with JARBA is just that it takes the reverse of the market quite frequently which I think is hard to do consistently. So far though I think JARBA is a great strategy the only reason I didn’t include it was because I forgot to.

Back to C2 Platform