NEW - C2 Strategy Rankings System

Maybe this is better-written:

If you run the workbench and don’t make any meaningful changes in the stats, and then hit “Show New Ranking” you’ll actually see what your next ranking will be, when the stats get updated later in the day – i.e. even without any changes.

Keep in mind the stats showed on the workbench are the latest stats… which may have changed since the C2 Score was last memorialized in the database.

Again, this is not great UI, so I’ll work on it so that it makes more sense.

How many more examples do I have to show you it’s not working, I can type ANY number in the stats boxes and it ALWAYS comes back with the same answer. It doesn’t work Mathew that is all there is to it, Stop trying to defend it and please look at it and fix it. If you don’t see this then I give up.

Ok, looked more into this:

Your strategy is essentially unranked. It has a score of pretty much zero*, along with about a hundred other unranked/new strategies, and so the ordinal ranking is really meaningless. I’ll hide the ordinal ranking from strategies under a certain threshold.

• This is not meant as a slight. It just means your strategy isn’t old enough, or doesn’t have a substantial enough trade history to get an above-zero rank. Since hundreds of strategies are in the same boat as yours, and since the C2Score is a percentile ranking, that’s why the ordinal ranking number is kind of meaningless, and will be removed from strategies in this situation.

Thank you! So I guess I’ll wait for the threshold, whatever that number may be, top secret right?

It’s dynamic, but as I write this, it’s #120. So basically any rank below #120 is not meaningful.

I was thinking more in terms of age, what would the threshold be, since my system has over 300 trades. Either way, I’m satisfied you will address this issue. Thanks.

From my point of view, there are very serious errors in the C2 Ranking. Very good strategies have a very low ranking. And strategies that show very poor results, appear with a very high ranking. This hurts traders and confuses investors.

2 Likes

Again, this is marketing. Good systems will have subscribers anyway and bad systems get promoted also.

1 Like

Problem solved.

Where is this c2 ranking number, cannot see??

regards

B48ES

should be here?? maybe taken down

I think Matthew said he was changing it so only the top 120 strategies woulds show a score on the strategy page.

I think OilTraderGuy is correct. Mathew said the rankings above 120 were not meaningful and so they were removing those values to reduce confusion.

There are also thresholds like age that need to be met before a proper score is calculated. As far as I can tell, by searching the grid and sorting by age, the minimum is 90 days before a strategy gets a ranking from what I saw.

LOL!!!
Define “in time”. I’m waiting already 15 years…

1 Like

For Trade Leaders with a published ranking, there is a Manager Score Workbench where you can see your ranking and adjust some variables to see how that would improve your score. It can be found under Manager Tools in the left-hand menu.

Collective2 says this about the Score Workbench, " Collective2 wants to help Strategy Managers improve their scores, so that they can attract more subscribers, and can be successful on Collective2. This Strategy Manager Workbench allows you see where your strategy ranks on Collective2, and lets you explore how you might possibly improve your rank, by increasing “good” statistics, or decreasing “bad” ones.

This page shows you some of the statistics generated by your strategy, and the strategy current ranking. You can see what would happen to your ranking by changing any of the statistics on this page. This may help you adjust your strategy to rank higher on C2."

1 Like

Agree here. Unnecessary Noise to justify the importance.

Iˋm confused, too. The C2 score seems to be completely different since +/– 2 months. I followed [TCT US ETFs] (https://collective2.com/details/117018645) since I discovered it on the leaderboard as one of C2ˋs top 5% strategies at the time. Today, the strategy has a C2 score of 36. Clearly strategies can go from hero to zero in no time, but in this case?

1 Like

From my point of view, C2 ranking, currently has no practical sense. It contains many errors.

1 Like

I know this has been said already but the new c2 scoring methodology really is misleading. Excellent low risk strategies that make money consistently month to month have received a low c2 score and some really risky strategies (where managers are averaging down losers or using other “shtick” to manipulate their performance) have receive a high c2 score.

It amazes me how managers can get away with averaging down their losers. This is the number one red flag that an account will blow up eventually and people just ignore it because they see all green. C2 really ought to develop an algorithm to detect when managers are not using their stop losses and instead are averaging losers. C2 should protect the public from these phony wannabe managers.

3 Likes