New feature: Use your Interactive Brokers account to run a C2 strategy

Hi! What would happen if i enter a spread like LHQ15-LCM15 with a limit order for a price for the spread? The last time i ask you dont support spreads, now are sopported? That would be great!

We would ignore the order/fill because we don’t support spreads.

great!!!
i dont like web site for placing orders

please let me know if its also working with IB iphone app?

Yes any method of placing an order outside of C2 would be labeled as ‘manual’ and ignored.

1 Like

i try this now but no working

green bottom NEXT STEP
not working

When you click the button, a box should appear at the bottom of your screen (you might need to scroll down), congratulating you and asking you to fill out a form that needs to be submitted to your broker.

If you don’t see this, please send me a screen shot of what your browser looks like so I can diagnose.

Is TOS certification integrated with new program now?

Up :wink: __________

Does Interactive Brokers work with this now? The forum post title is about Interactive Brokers but when I click through they are not listed as a viable broker to participate in this. Please advise latest update. Thank you.

Looks like you have an Australian IP address. At this time Interactive Brokers is not available to Australian customers.

A great feature indeed! I can now run my strategies on various platform (Multicharts, Neural, etc) and have it synced to IB and push to C2.

Having said that, TOS certification is important for my systems and I hope these will be up soonest.

I have a question though. I have two IB broker accounts. Can i run one trading system on one account and another one on account no 2? Or am i limited to just one link per C2 account?

We have enabled “Server #1” and “Server #2” options for the Use-Your-Broker-Account-As-Trade-Leader program.

This means you can set up

account U12345 to drive Strategy #1 (on Server #1)
and
account U9876 to drive Strategy #2 (on Server #2)

Capital 19 Global Investments has recently been added to C2 as an introducing broker for Interactive Brokers in Australia. Interested Australian clients should contact Matt Jones at m.jones@capital19.com to get started.

Thanks Melissa, yes I called and spoke to them on the phone. They are all good to go for trading in Australia albeit not for FX trading.

Back on this Trade Leaders program. I notice that when we set it up it allows us to pull in retroactive/historical trade data. Does that mean we can choose the start date of the data to pull in or does it just pull in all data from the account history since it was opened (for the product in question)? For example if my IB account was opened in 2012 could I elect to pull in just the data from 2014 onwards? You can see where I’m going with this - people could cherry pick the start date. On the other hand there are legitimate reasons for wanting to choose a particular start date.

You cannot choose the dates of importing your broker’s trade history. It’s all or nothing.

You can, however, choose instrument classes to import or not (i.e. only import futures, only import stocks, etc).

I’d really like to do this. First if there’s anyone out there who’s already doing it can you please write a little update for us letting the community and Team C2 know the pros and cons in its current form. Thanks for that. In the meantime I have a few questions please:

• Can I connect my existing strategy, which is 1.5 years old, to this?
  • And then can I make it only add new trades going forward, that is not overwrite/replace the strategy history with the IB account history?
  • You may wish to write on the badge something like, “TOS Since Aug 2015.”
  • Scaling is really a must have feature for me because my IB account trades approx 5 times the size of my C2 strategy. I would prefer not to scale up the existing C2 strategy (in fact that is normally not allowed anyway). Instead I would need to scale down the IB trades going forward by 5. The good thing is that scaling down is totally legitimate in regards to slippage. Also you could write on the badge, “TOS 500%”.

Thanks Matt, this may turn out to be quite a game changer since very few martingale or other “trick” strategies would be TOS certified.

1 Like

Just a quick update on this for anyone that cares. I’ve been using Trade Leader for over a month and it is working perfectly. Good job team C2 and thanks.

1 Like

Team, quick question.
If I want to use my algorithm from another website to place my trades via interactive brokers API, can I also hook up C2 API to place same trades but without using TWS (not allowed by algo)?

Thanks in advance

What is a really huge downside about this feature is the fact that any Stop-losses you enter in your IB account will not be reflected at C2. So any subscribers you might have to your strategy the S/L will not be reflected at C2
That is unless you at the same time login to C2 and manually place stops, which renders this concept more or less useless, and you end up using more time than before this feature…