New features in SmartPortfolio / Score Workbench

If you use SmartPortfolios and the Scoring Workbench, you can now exclude specific strategies you don’t like (even if they are ranked highly by the C2 Score.)

There are two things to learn.

First, you can access the current “rank” of a strategy, just like any other stat in the Scoring Workbench. Look for the stat called “C2Score Ranking.”

Now, the problem is, the “best” strategy is ranked #1 and the worst is #99999, but the Workbench always ranks from highest numbers to lowest. So you need to effectively reverse the order of this stat (i.e. by making the #1 strategy seem “high” and the #999 seem “low”) - like this:

Notice what the statement above does. First of all, it gets rid of any strategy without an explicit ordinal ranking (i.e. new strategies, or those ranked below a critical threshold). It throws them out by saying, “If the rank is zero (that is, doesn’t exist), give this sucker -9999 points so it falls to the very bottom.”

Assuming a strategy is ranked (i.e. non-zero) it converts low to high, and high to low. So Strategy #1 gets 999 points, strategy #2 gets 998, etc.

The result of this single line is to rank the strategies exactly like the ranking of the LeaderBoard. Which is pretty pointless!

But now, you can filter out strategies you don’t like, by using some helper functions, like this:

The second line basically says: “If the systemid is either 131202173 or 128090640, then multiply our result by zero – that is: make it fall to the bottom of the list.”

In this way, you can access the current C2Score rankings, but adjust according to taste.

1 Like