The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

New Intraday SOXL strategy (coupon)

Hi all,

I’d like to introduce “AI SOXL SOXS intraday”. The system trades SOXL long and short (using SOXS), intra-day only, with risk caps (current set to have a worst case intraday drop of 20%). I know 20% sounds high, but it results in the most gains, and is rarely hit.

In 4 year backtest, worst drop was 16%, second 13%. Without the risk cap of 20% these two would also be higher. We base position sizes on the risk, and when times are calm, will use margin to make bets with consistent risk (with a limit, since you cannot go on margin with SOXL too high).

Nothing is held overnight, eliminating gap risk. Goal is to have a high gaining strategy in absolute percentage gain terms while controlling volatility (better Sharpe ratio than pure hold of SOXL).

I’ve been trading a variation of this system over the last month and it’s done decently well. Even so, I know you usually want to wait 3+ months before investing with a strategy, so in order to “kick-start” things here is a coupon for first 2 months free (coupon itself is valid until 5/5/2021):

UGPP65736

- Tony
2 Likes

4 YEARS…backtest…worst drop was 16%

Back to C2 Platform