New metric for grid, Trades/year

Matthew, I have an idea for the grid that would make it more meaningful for sorting systems. You currently have a column for "Trades" showing total trades since system inception. Would it be possible to change this column to "Annual Trades" and annualize the trade count?

Reason being, for the same reason you list "Annual Return" and not "Total Return". Total return is pretty meaningless unless you know how long the system has run. Similarly, "Trades" is meaningless by itself, without dividing by the time running the system. Annualized trades would be a great number to gauge the required maintenance of the system. I.e. does the trader have to make trades every hour or the trader take action once per month? Lower maintenance systems have a value to some subscribers that is not currently captured by any metric in the grid.

Thanks, your thoughts would be appreciated.

While we’re at it … is there a column that divides “annual return” by “annual subscription cost” = % per $

If it’s a $100k system, and $100/month, you get 1.2%. Don’t you think you can do that yourself? The grid is about risk and relevant statistics. I don’t think gumming it up is really necessary.

The grid is ineffective for sorting and searching systems as it stands today. I see grid improvements as the single largest initiative for improving subscriber revenue for C2. IMO, (%/yr)/($/mo) is a good, creative idea too.

Some things could be removed, like popularity (the grid already pretty much is sorted by popularity based on the systems that appear first). It does well, it is more popular.

Also, returns the last 30, 60, 90 days and annual is overkill.

There. More room for useful stuff. Like P/L per unit. Or average rating in stars (subscriber reviews)

Maybe allow each user to select which columns to display or hide.

interesting thought. personally, winning % is about the least important thing.

Try telling that to devotees of Shadow Banker

Perhaps. I sometimes think people have to lose an account or two before they get it. I would love to see it ripped out of the statistics section here, though. It is nothing more than a distraction and a newbie trap.

Hmm, win-loss or profit factor, which means more?