New system - trailblazer

@KarlA - you are the only subscriber who made full utilization of the free subscription and autotrading. am happy for you and thanks for that!

@KarlA
1- I think what bothers us are these systems that have been around for a week or two, touting their all time highs, how we are all missing out, then they collapse and we never hear about them again. They disappear.
2- I am shocked that anyone would give this guy money, seeing that he had made one trade and the system wasnā€™t even a month old. Just because a system is ā€œfreeā€ does not make it worth investing. Is a system ā€œfreeā€ if you suddenly lose 15% and the developer goes dark?
I would steer clear of anyone advertising their system repeatedly on the forum, desperate for subscribers. But thatā€™s just me.

Anytime a developer offers a free subscription indicates to me that that he is not in for the quick buck but believes that his system has staying power, whether that is true or not only the future will tell. Simply to wait for a year to see if it has staying power does not make sense in most cases. For example, look at OPN W888, it had a stellar performance last year and now seems to be on a death spiral. There is nothing wrong for a developer advertising his system on the forum, especially if he offers free trials. Look for example at the two systems of PayoffMatrix.com, he posted extensively on the forum when they were new and see how well his combined systems performed during a very difficult new market phase when most old time systems struggled or lost money. In fact, I encourage new developers to post on the forum about their new systems and offer free trials. Frankly, I donā€™t understand why you are not taking advantage of free trials, you donā€™t have to trade them, just observe them in real time trading, that would give you a much better basis to level your criticism.

2 Likes

I would think it would absolutely make sense. Seeing that most strategies here donā€™t last a year. Prevents you from investing with the next 1-2 trade wonder with a 2 week track record.

dear fellow trade leaders,

I have started noticing that there is some negative small loss that shows up on P/L somedays on systems. example - both of my systems show this -16 from yesterday when there was no trade, no fees charged etc.Anyone knows why?

Thanks

1 Like

ending the week on a new high

1 Like

system has made some new highs this week.

1 Like

I just joined. Itā€™s been performing so far. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

thanks @OSUTIA. I will keep trying :slight_smile:
For those who are less tolerant to risk, please put a maximum on contract size that you want to trade to suite your needs(this should be fine as I DO NOT average down). On the loosing trades, you are bound to lose around 300$ on average per contract and at current equity level and position sizing, system may have 5-6 contracts held at same time intra-day. Occuurences of 20% drawdown is bound to happen at current position sizing. usually trades will be closed by EOD. only if conditions are right i.e. we are in huge profit for the day and market is showing strength, trades will be carried overnight with much less number of contracts opposed to intra-day, and of course accompanied by a stop. there were some manual trades to take advantage of the volatility in the recent past, but this will not be the norm.

question - will the stops that I issue on C2 trigger outside market hours?

2 Likes

Any new highs to report today?

1 Like

glad you are watching. keep up the good work :wink:

Watching? Why, I canā€™t keep my eyes off it :tired_face: