No short positions on Qualified account trading

I am investing a self directed 401(k) account. I can’t sell short. Can I pick a strategy for automatic trading that normally uses short positions and just invest in the long side of the trading strategy? There should be some sort of check the box option in autotrading that says “no short trades”. Is there one? If not, will you consider one?

If you won’t/can’t do an option in autotrading to stop short sales will you put a field in the grid to show if the system uses short sales?

I also am investing with a cash account. I was surprised there was no filtering option on the grid for this…!

If anyone has any tips on strategies for a non-short selling account then please LMK.

Actually, with s self-directed 401K account you can sell short. I am certain of this

I sent a note to C2 customer support a few months ago about this same issue. I am trading in a traditional IRA & I can not sell short. I accidentally joined a strategy that shorted & got an email from C2 or IB that my trade did not go through. Had to quit the strategy & ask for a refund. It seems like an easy fix to put a stamp on a strategy like TOS. Maybe “IRA Compliant”? I have been having to email developers asking if their system is long only because we are in a bull market still and the trade history ( especially on newer strategies ) is all long. Kind of a pain.