Now we can incubate privately?

I see some vendors traded their system privately then turned them on for everyone to see. This is a new policy I guess? If I had a test system that only I could see it had to be zerod down before I could make it Live. Or this is the same old policy but the difference is between test and Live but Private systems?

Technically, isn’t a Live but Private system without subscribers just a Test system?

Speaking only for myself, I have had several systems private for a while because I am trading them automatically through a TradeStation algo with the c2 interface and it has not been without faults and difficulties. While the system has performed great on my TradeStation account, getting it to seamlessly function the same here on c2 has been a challenge. Naturally I’ve kept the system private while evaluating the interface and hammering out the bugs before releasing it to the public.

No its not , in the past you had to limit the number of your subscribers to 0 to take it private .

Well, my point here was that you can do all kind of shenanigans while not shown, and you show only when some nice result is achieved. That is why the Test to Live was with the zero down option only.

I don’t know how it is from Test to Live, but from Private to Public the entire track record is shown, even that which occurred during the private period.

Like what ? Everything will appear to the public once you go live .

You can restart a system. You can start 4-8 systems, go long in half go short in the other half,etc. You will end up with one system making it good after 2-3 trades. Then later you can restart the losing ones, so they don’t show up in your history as losing ones…

As far as I remember Matthew once said that the old track records of systems before a restart are also saved and can be accessed through a traders profile. But I´m not sure if this is still the case after the recent website update.

A dev´s answer to this topic would be the most useful and accurate info I guess.

As a system developer myself I have a two-sided opinion about that feature. Yes you can do all kind of delusional stuff with it like PedroPannon mentioned. On the other hand it´s very useful if I want to forward test a strategy privately under live conditions and want the track record to remain when I open the system for subscribers - if it proves to be worth it.
However, I decided to go for the “nothing to hide” attitude and named my latest strategy as what it is - a test system. https://collective2.com/details/111321741
A few days ago I was hiding it because of the test status but after I´ve read concerns about such a behavior in another thread - unrelated to myself (Here) - I put all my systems on public again. Even the one that didn´t have a single trade.

All in all I think it does more harm than good to be able to hide a system and get it published after incubation time. Honest developers can live without that feature. Though it cleans up the profile if I could hide the 2 unimportant systems.

You are correct, past system records are archived. You can always reset your system (for $39), which I have done once but the record (before resetting) is still there next to the current/live account, whether public or private. Just look at Futures Cat at the top right and you will see how many times he has reset that system and you can go look at the archived record of the performance each time before he decided to reset it.

It looks like Futures Cat did make his system Private and then changed the names before resetting it though, so I guess you still can keep folks in the dark (at least of the individual trade performances) if you want (with the overall “reset system’s” performance under the developer profile though).

1 Like

Hi,you mentioned my strategy" Futures Cat".
I just recently came into commodities trading and I came out with a model to trade commodities more profitable than solely trading equity.
Since I am new to commodities I had a few tests before I finally grip my trading principles and a lot of problems were encountered and resolved and as my knowledge on commodities trading acquired daily through wins and loss and by my mistakes in trading, my performance improved.
That was why I had a few resets before this strategy.
As I trade my strategy everyday I learn a couple new things, so I still expect further improvement on my performance in the near future.
Thanks for paying attention to my strategy.

@MatthewKlein is it a feature or a bug, that trader’s archived systems can be “private” and not accessible for anybody?

If the current version of the track record is visible to the public, so too are the archived versions (i.e. the track records that were reset and started again).

If the current version of the track record is not being shown to the public, so too are the archived versions.

In summary: if you are show something to the public, then all prior reset versions of it must be shown, too.

3 Likes

Thank you!
Returning to Futures Cat (sorry @wmwmw :slight_smile: ) - strategy is active, 4 archived records are shown on the page, 1 is visible, 3 are private. Why 3 records are hidden if strategy active and all records should be visible? @MatthewKlein

I have no idea.
I have no control over which archives should be visible.
They are arranged by C2.
But I myself can see all of them.

JITF44m
Thank you!
Returning to Futures Cat (sorry @wmwmw :slight_smile: ) - strategy is active, 4 archived records are shown on the page, 1 is visible, 3 are private. Why 3 records are hidden if strategy active and all records should be visible?

Might it be that on 4/12 he reset and archived the “old” Futures Cat and at the same time he created a new strategy also named Futures Cat. Is this fair or not? I don’t know, I hope Matthew will answer that question. - Karl

1 Like

It was reply to Matthew’s answer. But somehow it lost connection to his post.

The mystery of the Futures Cat reincarneted!