Online Trading Academy

I have been getting constant mailers from Online Trading Academy (OTA) for a free intro course/sales pitch. I am always very skeptical of these things but went with a friend because it was free, I love trading, and I have plenty to learn. I don’t plan to buy the course and am skeptical of the 96% positive reviews on google. Obviously in the sales pitch they scare people then show them a ton of perfect trades in hindsight.

1. I am curious if anyone here has gone through their courses and what your opinion is.
  2. I am also curious if you or anyone you know has documented through C2 any success or failure with OTA’s teachings.
  3. Wouldn’t it be great if C2 in addition to what it does could start acting as a third party verification for things like Online Trading Academy, Investools, Mailing Lists, Trade Rooms etc. I wonder if there is a way in which C2 could promote itself to more people by being able to act as a verifying force. There is no doubt a lot of technical and legal difficulties to this, but say Collective2 could subscribe to a mailing list and take all the trades and report the results. Obviously Collective2 probably couldn’t publish the exact trades due to copy rights etc., but maybe C2 could have a type of account that they run that doesn’t show previous trades but shows results allowing them to act as consumer reports, kelly blue book, or yelp of many of the large and popular mailing lists. Many of them would probably be difficult to track since they just give vague recommendations and probably don’t want their actual results published so people don’t know the truth. If there is some way to do this though I think that would be awesome and a huge draw for new people to Collective2.

What will be C2 benefit from doing #3?

There may be a way to monetize #3, by either keeping the results or a portion of those results private until you pay. It may also just be a marketing technique to draw more people to the sight. For example, when I go and google Online Trading Academy it would be awesome if a C2 verified track record popped up for some of their traders and then new people would find C2 etc. Another route in my mind would be to just encourage other services to prove themselves here. Again most won’t want to initially since their system probably stinks and C2 may not be a big enough marketplace for them to see opportunity, but overtime perhaps if C2 can grow its reputation as the Yelp of mailing lists etc. they would have more people seeking them out. I am not saying it is easy just brainstorming and fantasizing.

@Snow2020, you have to ask yourself if its so good then why are they aggressively selling it to you? Of course if they handpick the trades they will look great.

I believe they use chart patterns to take trades on daily/weekly charts since I’ve seen their ads. If you want to learn chart trading I would think its a good learning course but don’t expect to come out of it making tons of money since chart trading is not always accurate.

Most courses can be considered learning material but they are never holy grail systems. I have personally spent thousands on courses and trading rooms in the past and have only learned that you have to develop your own method through hard work and by applying many other methods and ideas.

As for #3, I doubt C2 will want to get into this course/trading room ‘verification’ of viability or scam business since this is not the business model they have built.

2 Likes

As an added note, I do use chart patterns to help me but I have contingency plans in case I am wrong such as stops or protective hedging.

1 Like

Charles, here is some reviews. Be careful. If it sounds or looks to good to be true…
http://investimonials.com/websites/reviews-online-trading-academy-ny.aspx

1 Like

Nice find. Isn’t it interesting that the reviews you have linked here are largely negative and if you go to this link on google review they are 96% positive. Like I told my friend those are Dictator Election stats and can’t be real! That really didn’t pass the sniff test and this just makes me trust google reviews even less.

https://www.google.com/shopping/ratings/account/metrics?q=tradingacademy.com&c=GLOBAL&v=1

As I mentioned in my earlier reply, it won’t be the doall to make money. Its just a course at most. Nobody will hand over a fortune to you by paying a small fee except buying a ticket to a lottery…lol.

The course at its best is probably best suited for new traders looking to get into the trading world.

Hi Charles,
I am a graduate of Online Trading Academy few years back. They are good if you are just learning about candlesticks, patterns etc…, But that’s about it. They teach the basics. There are other courses that you have to BUY in addition to the first class they sell you. So it can cost a lot more…So…if you have been trading a while and know candlesticks, Resistance and Support, you don’t need to buy this class. Like i said, they offer more experienced classes but you can learn a lot of stuff from youtube for free…lol…thats my 2 cents

good luck

1 Like

As this is indeed not C2’s business, it is not against the rules of this forum if I say that the web-site stockgumshoe.com has a pretty big, pretty loyal userbase (myself included), who share their opinion/experience about a bunch of newsletters, websites, services, etc. Not specifically about futures though.

Joseph

1 Like