Platform Transmit for TradeStation

Been working on getting my strategies to transmit signals from my TradeStation platform to my C2 strategy via the new Platform Transmit function, but am having some difficulty. Apparently any and all signals generated in my TradeStation platform, regardless of which Workspace or product (i.e. any futures) will be transmitted to my C2 strategy space. This is a problem since my C2 strategies are specific to different Products (i.e. a crude oil strategy, a Nasdaq strategy, etc.). What I need is for the Platform Transmit function to only send signals from one workspace, the one where I have opened the Trading App window and Enabled C2 Sync. This does not seem to be possible though, as all signals from all my stratgies in all workspaces are sent to my “Nasdaq Scalp Strategy” at C2, which is the workspace in TradeStation I have set up for Platform transmit. What to do I wonder…

PlatformTransmit connects a Platform Account to a C2 Track Record Strategy. All filled orders and positions will be synced, no matter how they were created.

This is a core requirement in order to get a TOS Certification in the future, so a Trade Leader must use a dedicated “Master Account” without any additional filter.

However, we’re looking into ways to make the new TradeStation PlatformTransmit connector a bit more flexible. We’ll post here when we have a better answer for you.

My 2 cent: If you are able to give the ability through the new connector to selectively choose which symbol pass to C2 (and possibly get the TOS certification) that would be a great incentive to move our execution to IB.

The reasons why currently make not much sense the move from my perspective are the following:

• need of a bridge that add other further complexity and risk in the execution including technical problems.
  • portfolio margin advantages that currently will not be possible if dedicated account are needed for C2 to get TOS.
  • but most importantly problems in the money management at the portfolio level if more accounts are needed.

In that way if you give the ability to selectively decide which symbol is belong to which strategy add other few strategies on C2 would be a piece of cake.

Noted. We will definitely consider your suggestions.

Symbol level filters: working on that for v1.
Symbol to different C2 Strategy…huge improvement in core, so added to v2 new ideas / improvements list

Thanks! Very helpful.

I understand this is an old thread, but I want to keep the information on this topic in one chain.

My situation is that I have two portfolio’s of future’s trading systems. One trades during market hours and closes all positions EOD. The second trades 24 hours and holds overnight.

How do I separate these signals using Platform Transmit?

I currently run my Tradestation on a server to maintain internet connection. Would I need to lease an additional server and lease a new TS login to run multiple systems on C2? If so, is there something in development to make this more efficient?

Thanks,
Brian

Hello Brian,

We sync the connected TradeStation account executions and positions, there is no way to split account positions into workspace based strategy orders, EL does not contain any information about that.

If you’d like to run 2 C2 strategies, you need 2 TS accounts, there is no need for a second TS intstance.

You can request a second TS account from their support (Sim or Live), then create a second connection on C2 PlatformTransmit Manage page, that’s it.

However there is no other way.

If you need some help, please write to help@collective2.com and the ticket will be assigned to me.

I hope this clarifies,

Lorant

Actually there is the way but It will require a different connector… including what I was asking few years ago.

HELLO LORANT,

I HAVE SET UP A DEMO ACCOUNT AS A MANAGER USING TRADESTATION PLATFORM TRANSMIT. THE FILLS I AM GETTING ON C2 ARE TOTALLY INACCURATE. WHAT’S THE DEAL. WHAT CHANGES TO MAKE THE FILLS AUTHENTIC AS PER MY STRATEGY?
strong text

Hello Steven,

I will investigate your fills, incoming signals, and contact you if I need more data or logs from your side.

Thank you