Private Messages question

Matthew:

What does a blinking red light next to my “New private messages to you” mean ?

Does it mean there are new messages waiting and if so, how do I access them ?

prd

First, an apology: the Private Message interface is klunky, and something I’ve been meaning to fix for some time. Haven’t gotten around to it, though.

A read light means there are still messages in your box (that you haven’t deleted) – not that they are necessarily new. You can read a message by clicking on its capsulized summary below the red light. - MK

First, an apology: the Private Message interface is klunky, and something I’ve been meaning to fix for some time. Haven’t gotten around to it, though.

A read light means there are still messages in your box (that you haven’t deleted) – not that they are necessarily new. You can read a message by clicking on its capsulized summary below the red light. - MK

Matthew:

Thanks for the response on the “red blinking light”. Not that it was critical to my using C2, but it was just one of those annoying things I wanted to find the answer to.

I had another question to ask.

I talked to Man Financial today (Patricia L.) about possibly auto-trading a system on C2 that I would subscribe to. I asked her about the configuration that would be used for them to auto-trade, specifically if TradeBullet was included in the mix. She didn’t seem to be familiar with the config., so I was wondering if you could explain it to me.

This is all very new to Man, so any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks.

prd

Paul,

Man does offer TradeBullet but they have at least six separate offices so maybe yours isn’t familiar with TradeBullet yet.

Just ask your broker to contact me at support @ tradebullet.com and I’ll send her the information she needs.

Francis

Right: two separate opportunities here.

Patricia Lemberg works for Man Financial and Man Securities, which is one of the largest brokers in the world. Man is the preferred Broker-Assist Provider for trading systems here on C2.

Here’s the idea. TradeBullet is, as many of you know, an incredibly sophisticated program that is great for the self-directed, technically confident trader. But it’s not for everyone. If you want a live human being to be in charge of trading C2 systems for you, we recommend Patricia and her team at Man Financial. Please email me for her contact info.

The advantages and disadvantages:

TradeBullet: Sophisticated; you control everything. You can use TradeBullet with whatever broker you want (among a growing list of brokers!) Will trade any system here on C2. Because it is compatible with any broker, you can find the absolute lowest commissions.

Broker-Assist via Man Financial: A human being will be in charge of your trades. (Using software that is compatible with C2.) Commissions will be higher. But you will not have to configure or set up anything. The brokers at Man will do it for you.

Again, it’s really a choice between self-service and lots of human assistance. There’s no better or worse. It comes down to a question of personal preference.

If you are interested in Broker Assisted Trading of C2 Systems, please email info@collective2.com and put “Broker Assist” in the subject line. I’ll have someone from Man Financial follow up.

Matthew:

Thanks for your response. You’ve answered the questions that I had regarding the “Broker-Assist” program.

I was looking at this BA program as possibly being a part time thing in that the trading desk at Man could take over when or if I was not available to trade a system. A majority of the time I would be trading myself. There may be few days (or a week) now and then when I wouldn’t be available to trade and this is when the Man trading desk would take over my trading. This would allow me time off from trading (i.e. chained to the PC), yet allow me to be in the game 100% of the time.

As you know, profits realized from any trading system are usually not linear in nature. Profits and losses occur randomly during any timeframe. Murphy’s Law being what it is, it stands to reason that if I took time off from trading a system on C2, a lot of the profits would occur on those off days, with a significant amount of the losses occuring when I was trading myself — not a good setup.

What I am looking for is a hybrid arrangement where I would have an account at Man, with myself doing the majority of the trading via a system on C2 and have the Man trading desk take over 100% of the trading of the system when I was unavailable or just wanted to do something else.

As you said in your message, the downside to this arrangement is that it would be more expensive than a deep discount broker. The upside is the freeing up of your time. I guess there’s no free lunch.

I am exploring this scenario with Man right now, but as yet don’t have a resolution with them to the issue nor do I even know if it would be practical in practice.

prd