Problem with test system

Hi, don’t know if anybody has the same problem as I am having, but am using the Signal API for updates to my system, while testing I am noticing that some of the signals - especially reverses don’t seem to be getting through and are being completely missed which is worrying for a mechanical system (using forex SARs). Is there some way I can get a log of all traffic sent to C2 from my API calls?

Also on the main screen for my system why is it that it will simply not update the positions when the screen is refreshed, sometimes the little button appears on the Cash and Margin line which does the job but most of the time it is not there and it a real pain not seeing what the current position is on C2 especially as am using 6 pairs and in reference to my first point.

I am amazed at the steady “stream” of posts describing problems with Autotrade and API’s - whether they be Gen3, Gen2 or Gen1. As a relative newcomer to this site, and an IT Professional to boot - what I am seeing is a set of software that is NOT production-ready.

Production-ready software should be bullet-proof. Step back and think about the number of complaints, problems, dropped signals, lost entries, wrong posted entries, real-world situations that it cannot properly handle, etc. They happen with regularity here. Sorry that so many have to ensure this. Wow.

This stuff is not rocket science…

Skip

Mark

Is there some way I can get a log of all traffic sent to C2 from my API calls?

C2 returns you full log for your signals exactly as it described in documentation. You suppose to know what you send to C2. Maybe it’s not missed signals, but it’s not executed signals. You have to check your log file.

why is it that it will simply not update the positions when the screen is refreshed

C2 doesn’t show fills/positions in real-time. You always have a delay if you use C2’s hypothetical fills engine. To avoid the problem you have to autotrade your system. In the case fills will be shown nearly immediately.

Skip

I am amazed at the steady “stream” of posts describing problems with Autotrade and API’s

You forgot one thing. Usually you see a post when somebody has a problem. Nobody posts testimony about successful usage. To be fair I use the Signal API in last 3 years without any even smallest problem.

Production-ready software should be bullet-proof.

The kind of software doesn’t exist in reality.

Eu