Reverse from Long to Short with Just One Autotrade Possible?

An autotrading subscriber wants to be able to go from long to short and vice-versa in one trade.

For example, if long 100 shares of ABC. He wants to be able to go net short 100 shares by simply selling 200 shares.

This doesn’t seem possible via the standard C2 trade interface.

The reverse button simple initiates a Close order, and then a separate Open order. Two trades instead of one.

Is it possible to do this in one trade in this situation?

Thanks

No, it is not possible. C2 always requires attaching a “to open” or “to close” flavor to the standard “buy” or “sell” to insure that all accounts stay in sync with strategy intentions.

Ok. Thanks for the quick response. I’ll let him know.

Will that be implemented at some point?
We have a new system that trades roughly 1000x a month, lets assume 80% of these are positions switch and not SL triggers etc = 1.6k USD additional and unnecessary IB fees per month.

In fact we will route that trading through our own IB API to avoid the huge additional fees.

No, it will not be implemented. C2 insists that orders be specifically labeled as either to-open or to-close. This is what allows autotrading to work and helps keep accounts in sync with model-account strategy intentions.

Say I am long 1 unit, current price is 110, i want to go short if price drops below 100 (i.e. reverse @100). I am using signal entry API v3 and tried to use conditional order to submit STC order and then submit a STO order conditional on the STC one. Still this didn’t work - got the same error message saying I can’t STO before STC…is there any way to stop REVERSE a position using signal API? Thanks