Strategies Alert from Members

Dear fellow Investors, Let us use this forum to discuss some of the experience we gained from different strategies. We want to encourage managers of the strategies to be more successful and not be careless with our funds while taking positions. In the past we might have used some strategies or managers who just don’t take precautions at all. We pay with our hard earned money for the same. They can simply say sorry but our money is already gone. Only if someone or someplace we have some alerts or clues to be beware of these bad managers or strategies. So let us help each other and encourage good strategies and avoid any bad ones. Good luck and bring your ideas to help others.

2 Likes

Let me give you some dose of reality, there is always the possibility of losing everything in investing. The only reason why people say you should invest most of your money in index funds is because the market would technically not go to zero (otherwise we are all screwed).

This is why all these managers with long track record of the last 3-5 years or so, are just lucky to be in the longest bull market we have seen in the US. it’s not really rocket science to beat the index using leverage in a strong trend. Even crash of 2020 was a joke. That was like what, a one week crash in market before it went to bull again lol.

But what I would advise investors do is manage your risk by capital allocation. I’ve seen people talk about having their retirement ruined cause of some manager’s losses. I mean are you serious? WHo in the right mind put majority of their savings/retirment following trading signals? Even C2 put on their homepage that this should be a tiny sliver of your portfolio.

I suggest below things for new C2 investors

1. Limit max no of contacts
  2. Use stop loss
  3. Don’t consider strategies with less than 6 months
  4. If you consider >1 year strategy (still use above 2 steps

some strategies are most consistent over year with minimum drawdown like <5% and over 90% win-rate and returns over 100% but, one bad day they ruined everything (over trading to increase contract size to 40-50 usually they take 2-3 max and end up 100% loss in same day )

1 Like

best bet is TOS strategies

1 Like

Fellow investors,
Thank you for your feedback and interest in helping others. This involvement helps us find better options and improve strategies performance.

By the way just to let everyone know we do understand that investment is risky and it is written every where we turn on this platform. But that doesn’t mean that this money is free and is subjected for experiments by others. If one is subjected to such treatment we should all be alerted to avoid such mistakes and also make managers aware that to be cautious and be well prepare before taking positions which makes value go down by thousands and sometimes hundreds of thousands in hours or days. We can learn from our own mistakes and limit risk by sharing ideas. Let us all make wealth as that is the goal of everyone including C2 team.

My 2 cents as a strategy manager:

1. Join at the beginning of the month.

2. Take all trades taken by the system, do not cherry-pick. You might end up taking the losers and missing out on the ones that revert the drawdowns.

3. Follow the risk/reward guidance of the strategy manager. Most should provide it.

4. Always have your daily max loss set. This is a software platform and every software is prone to network failure/bugs.

1 Like