Subscriber Population

Hi, Timothy:

I understand why you want to know the specific number of subscribers per strategy.

We made a decision a while back to no longer release those numbers. (We used to.) There are a couple of reasons for this decision. One important reason is that it creates self-fulfilling prophecies, or, more technically speaking, feedback loops: popular systems grow more popular, at the cost of leaving “hidden gems” undiscovered. This is not only bad for strategy owners and subscribers, but also bad generally for C2’s business model. We want a lot of strategy owners to be successful, not just a handful.

I think your real concern is to make sure that you - as a strategy manager - can make money on C2. The answer is: Yes, you can. While we don’t release highly specific numbers, we do release useful aggregate numbers, which I believe support this claim. See this page, for example, to see a real-time chart showing total lifetime earnings of top strategy owners on C2:

https://www.collective2.com/aboutStartSystem

I know this isn’t exactly the information you want, nor does it contain the level of detail you desire. But I hope it helps reassure you that good strategy managers do in fact make good money at C2. Of course you need a good strategy, and you need to build at least something of a track record. It would be unrealistic to assume people will subscribe to a brand-new strategy without any sort of performance behind it.

Matthew

2 Likes