"The Grid" - requested improvements

It would be helpful if there was a “Yes/No” checkbox for “Trades Own System?” so that those so wishing could select for only TOS strategies and not have non-TOS systems cluttering up the results displayed. This request was separately made by another C2 user on November 2022.

Similarly, it would be helpful if there were individual checkboxes for “St”, “Fu”, “Op”, and “Fx”, so that only systems trading the desired security type would show up.

It would be very helpful if, when scrolling to the right on the grid if the strategy name column was to remain displayed at left (much as title rows and columns can be made to do in MS-Excel).

The “Percent Signals Automated” column is misleading and generally useless in that many (most?) fully or partially automated systems (like mine) have displayed a 0% figure.

Why is it that on occasion strategies not meeting the requested criteria nonetheless show up on the screen? And can this please be fixed?

A nice-to-have: Could there please be added a column (with checkbox) indicating how many days it’s been since the developer last logged in to C2? It would be nice to know that a strategy is being actively monitored. Days since last trade may be indicative of this, except that the developer of a fully automated system might be dead and the system still percolating along in his/her absence.

Another “nice-to-have” and user-friendly enhancement would be the ability to save and use permanently a preferred user-specific grid layout showing one’s desired arrangement of the various columns. This would obviate the need to rearrange the columns each time the grid is used in order to gather together on one or two screens the statistics and characteristics of greatest interest. (If this feature already exists, please disabuse me of my ignorance.) In my own case, the resultant grid would resemble the one shown below (not my fault that my own system is at the top of the list…shameless self-promotion). Incidentally, to keep “Two Wise Men”–an options-only strategy–from showing up, I had to specify alpha @ 0.3; had I been able to not click on a currently nonexistent “Options” checkbox (see paragraph 2 above), I’d not have needed to do so.

2 Likes