Trade Copy is only available to a specific person?

@MatthewKlein

Hi Matthew,

How are you?

I already left C2 for several months.
Just took a look at the Leader Board, it seems most of the previous star strategies have already disappeared.
The market is the market…
I remembered in 2009, when I started to learn Forex, my teacher, who was just retired from a big EU bank Hongkong Branch, told me he was just a survivor of the market.
It took me several years to fully understand this…

I have a question:
Can you please tell me how to make a strategy as “Trade Copy is only available to a specific person"?

A friend wanted to copy my strategy, his account is in Interactive Brokers, but I think $595 ( perhaps the highest in C2?) is a little cheaper.

Thanks in advance,
All the best,

It is easy to make your strategy available to only certain people!

1. First, make your strategy private on C2. (This is optional. But you mentioned you want only certain people to be allowed to see it.)

2. Use the “Promote” strategy link. It looks like this:

3. Now you can choose whether to invite by individual email address, or by a shareable (and “social-media-postable”) link:

Note that, in either case, you can set a custom price. This also opens up other possibilities. For example, you can set a higher price for C2 subscribers, but then send an invitation to friends and family members with a lower price (or a free one).

Have fun

MK

1 Like

Matthew,

I thought that if you make a strategy private then no one can subscribe to it or even simulate it.

So if a strategy is made private, you can still invite specific people to subscribe to it and get paid from their subscriptions?

Please advise.

Thanks, Jim

@MatthewKlein

Thank you very much for your kind reply and detailed introduction!
Okay, I’ll try it in the coming days.
If having further questions, I’ll look for your help again.

Please take care and stay safe,
All the best to you and your business!

That is correct. Even private strategies may invite subscribers.

Thanks Matthew, good to know!

Jim