Trades Own System Questions

I’m Rod, Head of Product.

BrokerTransmit (BT) submits every trade from an account (IB for example) to a connected C2 strategy. You trade in your IB account (TWS most likely) as you normally would and the same API that allows for AutoTrading handles your trade. Essentially TOS is you AutoTrading your own strategy.

If your live account is larger than your strategy, or not every trade would apply or be part of “your strategy,” then the best thing to do is set-up a sub-account at IB, deposit an amount of money close to your C2 model portfolio size, and then dedicate that as your C2 BT account/strategy.

Re: fees or costs - TOS requires a Premium Trade Leader plan or higher. In terms of the appeal, we do have some evidence that TOS strategies attract more attention, though the data is very fluid. We certainly show that TOS strategies have less subscriber churn and exhibit better risk controls, measured by DD and volatility.

Finally, a plug for our broker C2BROKER. It’s not meant to compete with everything from the likes of IB or TD, but for long only stock or options strategies, it’s a good way to save on commissions, since they are truly free. With a Premium Trade Leader plan you can get TOS at C2B by AutoTrading your own strategy. Be on the lookout for an upcoming special offer webinar around TOS at C2B.

Feel free to message me directly inside C2 (Rod Casilli) or send me an email rod@collective2.com if you’d like to continue the thread outside the forums.