Trade Accounting - Daily P&L - going insane

@t-devGROUP - hope this finds you and you’re still in charge

I truly have a rough time managing my system SuperSystemXL. I’ve submitted a support case on this about a week ago but have not heard back - chatted with Support/Melissa on Friday but still did not get an answer. Also I find it strange that I’m the only one with this request since daily P&L seems to be an important datapoint for other trade leaders, however I’m not hearing anyone else complain. I’m going to spare you the detail of the obvious - e.g. all my (free) trading platforms (TOS, IB) have a correct daily P&L - however my subscription (which is 100$/month) cannot provide me with that feature.

Here’s the problem: I trade SuperSystemXL in my IB account at roughly 4x leverage. My IB account statement for today shows a gain of +497$ - so I would expect my SuperSystemXL daily P&L to be around 120$.

Here are the values that I’m seeing in my SuperSystemXL - which to be honest makes me question the entire accounting of trading systems.

Dashboard Tab - Overview ( -2446$ - pretty serious loss) - screenshot1

Dashboard Tab - All Positions (-60$ - very different than the previous one) - screenshot2

Summary Statistics (realized today: +463$, unrealized today -121$) - screenshot 3 - I cannot combine them and end up with ~ 120$
31%20PM
Hypothetical Performance (P&L Graph) Shows Saturday @ 284122 and today’s close @ 281648 which is a loss of 2474 - screenshot4

None of these items add up - they should all be the same value.

you have to understand all those figure you are looking at are fresh, updated, and calculated all at a different time.

the position tab has a 20min delay and its updated like every hour (unless you have futures, then it still update every hour). Dashboard tab is updated like hourly, but also dont update after market hours. Then you chart is updated like ever 4 hour during market open and update again at midnight.

So those number will never line up perfectly. Then the calculation of P/L today, P/L change and today’s change is also different because they all have different time of the day they calculate. One is calculated from midnight to midnight change, one is from market open to market close change (9:30 to 4),

C2 system is very well made, so you dont have to worry if you are being miscalculated. the Graph chart is 100% spot on unless there is a bad bid or a stock split/reverse split.

GL

actually i just found a perfect example today. on Netflix earning AH on a system i subscribe to.

on Dashboard:
Today’s PL: $62

on Summary statistics
Unrealized P&L Today
$56,062

on P/L graph
$14,470 increase

my IB calculation after hour trading on this strategy i subscribe to is +$61,905 since netflix earning comparing fridays closing balance vs current 6:53pm price of all the positions.

all 4 figures are different. only Interactive Broker # is live and up to the seconds. I only wanted to tell you this, because most other day those 4 numbers are pretty close to each other, maybe off by a few hundred dollars. today’s we are talking thousands. much easier to see they are all calculated and price refreshed all at a different time of the day.

@OSUTIA - you’re usually correct but I doubt you are in this case - something else if off here.
The market was closed at midnight yesterday - so whether midnight yesterday or Friday 4pm Eastern - either way the value should be close.

If this is timing (20 mins or possibly an hr difference) the numbers would need to be way closer together - I wouldn’t mind if one is -123 the next is -60 and the third is -99. In this case the numbers are more than 2k different and none of the open positions had a significant after hour movement or earnings. I know IB takes the most recent trade value regardless of market hours or after hrs but the numbers on my C2 tabs are off all day long.

If the Dashboard Tab (All Positions) is the correct value (-60) and somewhat aligned with the summary statistics, why is the graph showing > 2k loss
And alternatively if the graph is correct (and somewhat aligned with the Dashboard Overview Tab) why is my live trading account showing a gain and not an 8k (4x leverage) loss, and why is the Dashboard All positions not showing a loss in the thousands.

i just know i went thru the same thing when i first started here. the charts wont update prob until midnight. so thats hours behind. I dont know your positions, if its traded futures or stocks or forex. they all refresh differently. i just know i seen so many systems, they are all OFF like what you said. most important is the all position. but those prices are delayed quote of 20 min or 40 mins.

good luck.

@SelfQuant I’m DM’d you here in the forums. BT at IB is your best solution. Better yet, use C2B and don’t pay any commissions as your TD and IB “free” platforms are, of course, far from free.

We use different session times because we support multiple assets types, many that trade 24/5 unlike the U.S. equity session used to calculate daily P&L at U.S brokerages.

Rod - I’m assuming this was you posting - shows me as the poster?? - but I’m not yet completely insane - although episodes like that don’t help.

thx for the brief answer I guess