TradeStation 8 and the API

Can anybody tell me how to use either the HTTP or the email API from TradeStation 8? It looks to me that I could send an email, but that I have NO control of the content. For this I owuld have to get Matthew to write a special parsing routine.

But the HTTP interface is far superior, and I would prefer to use it, if anybody can give me a lead.

Thanks.

Two things. I’ve been speaking to Francis, the creator of Tradebullet, and he is planning on creating a TS8 interface. Once that is finished, TB would be the all-inclusive interface of choice. You could generate trade signals in TradeStation, automatically post them at Collective2, and simultaneously trade them in real life accounts (at IB or J-Trader compatible brokers).

So I’m hesitant to re-invent the wheel, since Francis is about to create his TS8 interface. However, I might be able to put together a “light-weight” interface in the interim – while Francis is working on his. It would allow trades to be placed on Collective2, but no real-life orders would be placed.

Is this worth the time? How many people would use such a system? How many people generate their signals using TradeStation8? Any feedback would be appreciated.

P.S. I will check with Francis and try to get an updated schedule regarding when we can expect to see his new TS8 interface.

Two things. I’ve been speaking to Francis, the creator of Tradebullet, and he is planning on creating a TS8 interface. Once that is finished, TB would be the all-inclusive interface of choice. You could generate trade signals in TradeStation, automatically post them at Collective2, and simultaneously trade them in real life accounts (at IB or J-Trader compatible brokers).

I am already daytrading this system in size, and it produces about the same results as your current most profitable system. Because of this, adding TradeBullet to the machine running TradeStation is totally out of the question. I just cannot afford to take the risk.

If I can’t just add a few lines of code to TradeStation, any benefits from Collective2 are just not worth the risk.

How many people generate their signals using TradeStation8? Any feedback would be appreciated.

TradeStation is currently the worlds most successful automatic trading system. In lots of ways it sucks, but everybody uses it, and thats why I use it too. If you are ever going to provide native support for a trading platform, this is the one to support…

I would be happy to provide any additional information by private email.