Triple Play Trading System

Hi, Lawrence:

I agree this is not a good thing. But you need to use your own judgment about whether you want to use a system where the developer doesn’t check in on his positions. That’s certainly a call best left to the actual customers who must decide which system is right for them.

For what it’s worth, several days ago, I placed a subscriber hold on the system, which prevents new subscriptions from being taken and which prevents monthly subscription fees from being processed until I hear from the developer. I have sent several messages to the system developer, encouraging him to check in. He has not done so.

I think his actions, or lack of actions, speak for him. On the other hand, it is possible that some personal issue or emergency has arisen that we do not know about.

But even so, I think the probabilities point towards a bad actor. If it were me, I would stop trading the system at this point.

Matthew

Hi, Lawrence:

I agree this is not a good thing. But you need to use your own judgment about whether you want to use a system where the developer doesn’t check in on his positions. That’s certainly a call best left to the actual customers who must decide which system is right for them.

For what it’s worth, several days ago, I placed a subscriber hold on the system, which prevents new subscriptions from being taken and which prevents monthly subscription fees from being processed until I hear from the developer. I have sent several messages to the system developer, encouraging him to check in. He has not done so.

I think his actions, or lack of actions, speak for him. On the other hand, it is possible that some personal issue or emergency has arisen that we do not know about.

But even so, I think the probabilities point towards a bad actor. If it were me, I would stop trading the system at this point.

Matthew

Being a system developer for almost two years on C2 I can only agree with Lawrence remarks.[LINKSYSTEM_55764569]

{}

Sending signals through the API does not count as a logged-in session, so yes, it’s possible to control a system without officially logging in.

Thanks INTJ. I just deleted my post because I finally saw an email that Matt is the one who closed the positions.

However, thanks for your response. I didn’t realize someone could control positions without “checking in” at C2. Good information to know.

Christina

(also an INTJ, ha…)

Well met, fellow INTJ. Even as rare as we are, I suppose it’s more likely to find us in a forum such as this.

As far as Triple Play, I worry a bit about the torches-and-pitchforks reaction. I’m not an RIA, so I can’t give advice, but perhaps users would be better served observing a system for a longer period of time before subscribing (i.e. a year, through a rally and a correction, a certain number of trades, or whatever other metric makes one feel comfortable). There are other ways of doing due diligence, such as the recently introduced TOS badge (although this would hold more weight if more brokerages were allowed), or communicating with the vendor. Anyway, I’m not sure C2 should necessarily enforce a login frequency, as several vendors (ahem) automate our signals precisely so we can sleep, travel, suffer connectivity issues, etc. without worrying about continuity on C2. And especially for those of us with much longer holding periods, logging in frequently is an artificial burden.

In addition, if I am reading the stats on the C2 splash page correctly, there have been nearly 20,000 systems created at one point on C2, but the grid seems to imply that only a bit over 800 are still active. Systems come and go, so patience and due diligence would serve all of us well.

Good luck to all in your trading.