What is annoying about C2?

Please let C2 know how they can improve here…

1. after i log in it takes several more clicks to get to the place a trade link.
  2. A popup comes up treating me like someone who has never placed a trade here before.
1 Like

Thanks, these are useful.

I love C2 and am very grateful that it exists. It was just what I had been hoping for when I found it a few months ago. The most annoying thing for me though is changing the columns on the grid. When I click choose columns the window that shows the options for the columns opens up in a very tall window and I cannot see or click the go button to accept changes without resizing the window about 5 times. I don’t know if that is a problem on my machine or google chrome or something with C2. It doesn’t always do it but seems to about 90% of the time.

Very annoying that you removed the audio alert when a subscribed system issues an order.
That was sooo useful, why did you remove it?
I was relying on it to do other stuff in parallel, now t means I can use C2 in that way anymore.

Hi, Mabeco - Have you tried clicking the little “bell” icon near the event feed? I think that might do the trick for you.

For me it is annoying I no longer can trade manually beside the autotrading.

Hi Ton, could you explain why this isn’t possible? I’m new here and I’m able to send my manual trades to my strategy with the Transmit plugin.

Yes to your strategy that is also open to others. But not handpicked trades without registered strategy.

These aren’t complaints just suggestions and wishlist items:

1. Add options for indexes other than S&P500 on the chart. For example, I think it would be very helpful if when looking at Volatility Strategies I could overlay the return of XIV instead of the S&P. Perhaps that ends up being too much information and can be overwhelming for subscribers, but I know I would really like to have it.

2. Add a money at risk option for the equity curves. Two systems could have the exact same equity curve but one could have had twice or infinitely more money at risk by using margin or selling naked calls etc. I know that the truly studious can dig through the previous trades and find it out on their own, but it is time consuming and many subs may not take the time and just go after the best looking equity curve. I know some of the ratios are meant to help understand the risk the strategy took, but I think it could be more clear to see the money at risk in a chart form. However, I don’t know the best way to show infinity on a graph as you may need to for naked calls. Maybe you just show an asymptote. I think that would really help subscribers understand the risks of some of these systems.

I agree on the annoying popups. It reminds me of Clippy.

It never ends here…I log on to my system and get …system not accepting new subscribers…would you like to go for others…geez…I have zero subscribers…and then something pops up about someone accepting a simulation…WTF…I do not accept free loaders.
+

LeeYang - We don’t show strategies when they do not accept subscribers or when they have capped the number of subscribers at zero. The actual text that appears on your screen (when you log in as the Strategy Owner) explains this policy quite clearly, and further states that you can contact C2 and ask us to make an exception to it. But in general we don’t want to display strategies to customers when they are not able to subscribe to them.

i capped it at one subscriber. And there appears to be some free loader as the one. I do not accept free trials.

We should just keep vix/uvxy/vxx/Tvix/xiv/svxy and other vix etf at reg-t margin. Not more or less.

I know IB increased their margin requirement x5 three weeks ago. And now c2 try to follow it. But a week later IB is now back to x2, but c2 has not reduce yet.

Is hard for c2 try to keep up with IB, you should just keep it at reg-t or actually keep up with IB on a daily or weekly basis.

1 Like

My wife caught me just after I opened my office window but right before being able to give my laptop a heave-ho to the sidewalk below.

“Oh my! What is wrong?” she asked, with trepidation.

“Since using the new C2 I have been told 357 times ‘You subscribed to this strategy on 02/05/17.’ I cannot take it any longer!” I screamed. Because somehow, on almost an intuitive, deep primal level, I knew I had subscribed to this strategy on 02/05/17.

But it was too late, embarrassed, caught in the act, I also couldn’t bear the burden of destroying an $800 laptop in front of my wife.

On a serious note, I am acquiring tendonitis in my right index finger from using so many clicks (357) to close the black drop down message bar which covers up access to the C2 resources, forum, and message task bar. How about reverting to the old method of reminding?

C2 Capture

Annoying? C2 asking me to review a strategy that I joined 2 weeks ago. In some cases, the system hasn’t even made a trade since I’ve been in it… 2 months min, 3-4 months better.

I think you miss the point. For it to be clear, and in case you forgot, please read the following with great attention:

“You subscribed to this strategy on 02/05/17”

It’s (very) annoying that in the private messages subpage

collective2.com/private-messages

each time I hit the return key (enter) to start a new line,

the message does get sent to the receiver instead.

3 Likes

And on the subpage with the P/L Autotrade results I’ve got about 50 strategies listet,
which I did delete at one point in the past.

https://collective2.com/cgi-perl/results.mpl?

But those deleted strategies somehow manage to magically reappear.

I delete them again, and they are gone, just to reappear again a few days later.

It’s getting kinda annoying, How can those P/L results be deleted permanmently?

Aum -

The “AutoTrade Results” report is currently being rewritten from the ground up. It’s been a long software development project, but we’re making progress and hope to make a new version available soon. Please hang in there.